What can I feed 30 6th graders for a class party that won't be expensive?

Pizza is one thing, but has anyone give a party at school & fed good healthy snacks that arent expensive? If I made it from scratch, it would have to be something that I wouln't have to reheat.

letsgetreal

Asked by letsgetreal at 11:42 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Have alot of hamburger patties cooked and winnies have the buns ready for them to help themselves along with the good stuff that go with it., ham and cheese sandwiches, Tuna fish sandwiches, fried chicken (pizza and chicken taste good even when it gets cold) and of course to wash down their throats....soda...soda...soda the 2ltr. bottles. GL
    Anonymous

• deviled eggs and veggie tray
    spread cream cheese on a platter of some sort add a can or 2 of tiny shrimp(drained) and salsa serve with "chicken in a biscuit" crackers
    fruit plate with yogurt dip
    turkey wraps....you can "google" recipes for those...there are so many ways to make them
    can of chili, jar of cheese sauce and can of rotel tomatoes in a crock pot heat until hot and serve with tortilla chips
    cookmom69

Answer by cookmom69 at 12:16 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I have made a version of pigs in a blanket.Cheap is to make a large amount of biscuit dough,don't roll out,and large bag Costco size of beef little smokies.Take a pinch of dough wrap around smokie put on cookie sheet .Lots of baby carrots,.frozen grapes and grape tomatoes-Costco and Ranch.An alternative is to make a turkey and cheese sandwich with flour tortillas then use the cookie cutter to cut out shapes.For dinner I serve tomato soup and the left over bits from the cutouts.My children and husband love that dinner lol.Why do I even cook

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Well for that many children and children being picky eaters a all... I have always gone with pizza and pop or the party sub from sub-way and pop...
    We are doing the pizza in Jan for our gs's 9th b-day party and there are 24 kids and 1 teacher...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:16 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Pizza from scratch is fairly inexpensive.
    Taco bar (lentil tacos are really cheap).
    Burritos
    Lasagna is pretty much universally loved

Send me a message offlist if you would like any recipes.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:45 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Finger sandwiches, fruit or vegetable tray, mini pizza pop-overs made with rolled out biscuits, spaghetti sauce, pepperoni and cheese.

Weigh the prices. A lot of times if you contact a pizza place and let them know it is for a school function they will give you a large pepperoni pizza for $3 or $4 bucks.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 9:22 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I agree with Momtotrips. Some pizza resturants have deals that you just have to ask about. If it is for a school event they will give you a big price break. Call around the pizzarias near the school and see what they offer.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:10 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Get those lunch meat platters and some chips.. That would be super cheap and the kids would like that!!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:39 PM on Nov. 20, 2009