I'm having one of those "I miss my pre-baby self" days...

Do you ever get a little sad about what you used to be like, before you had "responsibilities"? This question is particularly for women who had unexpected or young pregnancies, but anyone can answer... I got pregnat and got married (in that order) halfway thru college, and honestly sometimes I really, really miss my care-free days of school, parties, late nights, etc. I wouldn't trade what I have now for any of it, but sometimes I feel like I wasn't QUITE ready, you know, to give it all up. And I DID give it ALL up - I let all my "friends" go on w/out me, I haven't been to a single party or even ever left my son overnight to "go out" (he's two), and I have had maybe a total of six alcoholic drinks since he was born. DH and I really "grew up" quick when we found out we were expecting. And I love my family. But, sometimes... Does anyone else ever get the feeling that they grew up too fast?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm right with you. I found out I was prego 3 days before my 18th bday. I miss the party days, but then I remember how stupid I was. lol Its amazing how you can call 3 years ago the "good ole days" when your just 20....
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I absolutely know how you feel. I had my son 7 days into my senior year, and ever since I found I out, life has revolved around what is best for him. I went to school in the mornings, worked in the afternoons just so I could afford what he needed and so I could graduate. I was lucky and married a wonderful man (not his bio-father) a year after he was born and he's enabled me to be able to attend college and be a SAHM, but I do miss the fact that I never got to go into the military or even do college like all my friends. I hear stories of living in dorms and all these awesome parties and sometimes I wish I got to partake in them, but then I look at my three awesome kids (yes, 3 now. lol!) and I wound not trade them for anything. I guess it's nice to think that when my last graduates, I'll only be 39 and I'll actually have money to really 'play' when my friends are broke right now while they are 'playing'
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 12:28 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• OP - I know what you mean... I went to college right out of highschool, but none of my friends did. My "friends" all partied and lived off their parents while I tried to keep up w/ school AND the partying (that didn't work out so well). But after I had my son, I hunkered down and got my degree w/out the distraction of parties, and now all those "friends" are now 23-24 yrs old and trying to get back into school b/c they got sick of the parties. So all in all, I see myself as having come out on top, but it still feels like maybe I never got it all out of my system, like they all got to do...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Nov. 20, 2009