Butt bandaids? what do your kids call them?

I had the tampon box on the back of the toilet this morning, and my 7 year old saw it and asked what it was. Each boy took two out, unwrapped them and was trying to figure out what they are for.
My 4 year old stuck them in his ears and called them qtips for big people.
My 7 year old thought they were some sort of missle popper that if you hit it hard enough then it will fly.
My 8 (almost 9) yo thought it was something you put in the toilet to help take the water out.
My 9 (almost 10 yo autistic son) told me it was in case i hurt my butt. It was a big butt bandaid.
I asked him why he thought that, and he said he was looking at the directions (we always tell him to read the directions if he doesn't understand), and the pictures showed a women inserting it into her "butt".....My hubby thought it was the funniest thing in the world. They have always called my maxi pads, "mommys diaper". So do your kids have a name for them?

54313MomOf4Boys

Asked by 54313MomOf4Boys at 11:45 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL...that is so funny and cute...lol

No my kids don't know nothing about that yet I have mine in our top shelves in the bathroom so they never really see them...But I can't wait when they do.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My son used to call my maxi pad, Mommies bandaid.

My nephew years ago, he was 2 or 3 at the time and I was babysitting him and he came in the bathroom when I was.....(changing myself). He said,"Oh no! You cut yourself?" I looked at him in shock and said,"Umm a little." "What's that?" I said,"Oh, this? It's Aunties Bandaid".

So for 10 years I've called them my bandaids. When I had my son years back, he caught me in the bathroom and said,"Did you cut your tear tear Mom?" (tear rhymes with fear, not Air !) I said,"Yes, every month it seems I do!"

Well, he knows now Mom has this once a month issue and will say..."Mom you are running low on the BIG bandaids, just thought I'd tell ya!"

Thanks kid! LOL

He used the tampons as missles too....and my pads WERE BOATS til they sank and his men had to abandon ship.. so he does not mess with them now! So I saved the torpedos and use pads only so he leaves them be!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 12:01 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• my three year old also calls pads mommys diapers. She has embarrassed me a couple of time is the store. we were in the pad aisle one time and she starts yelling mommy dont forget to buy your diapers, you need them. And one time in a crowded restroom she starts yelling ewww mommy you need to change your diaper that disgusting.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 12:09 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• lol my daughters found my pads and stuck them on her knees.....they are knee pads ! lol.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:34 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• OMG, these are so darn funny! My girls are only 1 so we havent come to that yet but I can only imagine!
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 1:01 AM on Nov. 20, 2009