why is everyone obsessed with vampires?

I just don't get it.

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 11:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't get it either............is there a difference between them and zombies?

One sucks your blood and the other keeps on tickin like the energizer bunny?

Or maybe it is the facination they live forever, hiding in the shadows of the moonlit night......waiting for the prey like a winged bat flying in the wind catching tiny insects, they are after unsuspecting prey that all look like models and the vamps all have deathly pail skin...... unless they meet a wooden steak?

I don't get it either to be honest.

With my luck I'd meet up with a vampire like George Hamilton from the movie, "Love at First Bite!"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Twilight. Nuf said. LoL
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 12:28 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• The idea behind vampires is sexual. I love the show true blood on HBO. It is wonderful acting and writing..its produced by Alan Ball the producer/director of six feet under. People often make the snap judgment that its going to be fluffy like twilight...it is no such thing. It is gritty, raw and funny. Its also being touted as HBO's next soppranos( as far as ratings and quality). Some people like to have fun in the fantasy...not much different from Star Wars or Lord of the Ring. Its not hurting anybody. With the success of Twilight and Trueblood vampire lore is of the moment right now.
    Serously check out True Blood...its the shit:)
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:29 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Vampires are stupid. Twilight and True Blood are extremely stupid, and they're all a fantasy thing for everyone. I hate it as much as they love it, and that's saying a lot.
    ATG499

Answer by ATG499 at 12:40 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I friggin' hate Twilight. Don't get me started. MY husband asked me why I read all of them and it's simply because once I started reading it, I knew it was stupid but I wanted to make up my mind about it. And I did - it's poorly written, SO VERY superficial and just plain awful.

THAT SAID - I LOVE Buffy the Vampire Slayer - LOVE LOVE LOVE. Always will be a fan of Buffy.

And I like Vampire Diaries. LOL.
    Twilight got people addicted to vampires - although I have NO idea why. Perhaps because it's a different kind of love story. But that's ALL it is - a "love" story. And I could probably find a better written one in the Romance section of my public library.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 12:54 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Vampires have been interesting to a lot of people for years. When you look at other "undead" movie characters, they are usually scary and ugly. Most the vampires are portrayed as being sexy, and I guess that is the draw. Witches, too, are usually portrayed as sexy these days. Who wouldn't love to have their powers? LOL. Everyone has their little quirks, and vampires do it for me. I have also read about Vlad the Impaler (Dracula) and his family and whey the legend of him being a vampire started. Just interesting to read and watch movies about for me.
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 12:55 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• NEW MOON SPOILER ALERT: BUFFY STAKED EDWARD!!
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 12:58 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I've adored them since WAY before Twilight and True Blood. About 20 years worth of adoration. The sexuality is a part of it, but mostly, I love life so much that I just don't ever want to die.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:20 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Wow ATG.....Who has the time or the energy to vehemently hate something so trivial? Do you also despise fans of pistachio ice cream?

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:33 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I guess it's like getting a hickey, only better? I don't know.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:32 AM on Nov. 20, 2009