Can I pick up my son while pregnant? I am 30 weeks pregnant and my son weighs about 35 lbs.

mamiijennie

Asked by mamiijennie at 12:11 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes, unless your doctor advises otherwise.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• You can but if I were you I'd be extra careful.
    When I was pregnant with my second I would ask my first to come to me then I would sit down on the sofa and grab him and go from there that way I wouldn't have any kind of weight to lift.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:17 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• If your back starts to hurt make sure you don't blame it on the baby, blame it on your back hurting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Yes, just carefully. If you strain to pick him up you may pull a muscle. I did it with my last pregnancy, pulled the ligaments that stretch in your lower abdomen, hurt soooo bad. I'm 18 weeks and my youngest is about 35lbs too, and I can't get around lifting him a few times a day. Just have to be careful. And like the above poster said, don't ever say you can't lift him or something hurts b/c of the baby, you don't want him to resent the baby before it's even here! :-)
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 12:33 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• my doctor told me to not lift more then 30 pounds i would ask your doctor.. My son is 28 pounds and im 32 weeks prego and i have been picking him up my whole pregnancy
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:26 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• your not suppose to lift over 20 lbs... you should ask your doctor to make sure
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:29 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I'm almost 29 weeks and I have a 4 yr old that weighs 38lbs and I occasionally pick her up, but if I hold her very long it makes my back hurt. Just be careful how you pick them up and definitly set them down if you start hurting.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 9:38 AM on Nov. 20, 2009