what is the best way to lose weight quickly?

I have gained weight here lately even when I am dieting nothing is working and I am up to 180 ...I am scared I wont lose it ..!!HELP

Asked by survivedalot at 9:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Dieting isn't all you need. As a matter of fact, many diets are worse than not dieting.

1. Eat healthy. Lots of fruits, veggies, and nuts. Make sure you're getting enough protein and vitamins. Don't cut your calories too much.
    2. Cardio workout. Running, aerobics, even bellydancing. Whatever works for you. About 30 min a day.
    3. Weight training. Don't worry, you won't start to look butch. Just work out with 5-10 lb dumbbells. Work out your arms, your legs, your abs, your back... Rotate which body part you work each day to give it a rest. The more muscle you build the more fat you burn (even when not working out. If you have muscle you'll burn fat while watching TV!) You don't have to get big. Just toned.

It's best to do cardio either after you do weights or on days where you don't do weights.

Answer by amethystrse at 9:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• You need to figure out your BMI & the number of calories you should eat to lose weight. Diets, pills, shakes, and all that other crap don't work. You really need to count calories, limit your carbs & drink lots and lots of water. Also... exercise at least 30 minutes a day. Take your kids, dog and/or husband for a walk around the block after dinner. You could probably lose 5-10 pounds in a couple of weeks just by increasing your exercise.

Answer by crazysocks830 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• When you get a good answer let me know...I have been trying for 15 years....

Answer by MonkeyKiss at 10:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Get off the couch or chair and walk walk walk!!!

Answer by vbruno at 10:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Girl...I have I got something for you. All I have to say is It Works! and it is all natural, botanical, and safe. REAL PEOPLE, REAL RESULTS....don't believe me? Check out the before and after pics on my cafemom page!!!!

Answer by bparp at 12:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• You should try a cleanse. I have used Arbonne's Herbal Colin Cleanse and lost 15 pounds doing that. They now have a new SeaSource 7-day body cleanse that I have heard great things about. I plan on using it as soon as I have my baby in September.

Answer by rasbneon at 11:05 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I like vbruno's answer - That's what I need to do, as I sit next to the treadmill. I think the answer is water.. If you can drink as much as comfortably possible, your body will react happily. O Yeah, and cut down the junk food & Overeating. Wahlah!

Answer by Christydawn at 12:01 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• try eating only fruits and veggies walking is good try drinking lots of water

Answer by fishersmom06 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• If you can, try a hula hoop. I know it sounds crazy, but a ten minute hula (hoop) burns as many calories as an eight-minute mile. It also does not put the wear and tear on your knees and ankles! Watch T.V. and not the clock. If you do it every day, you will see a difference in a couple of weeks. If only two or three times a week it may be more like 5-6 weeks. I SWEAR it works.

Answer by nova8 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Weight Watchers is a great program and it teaches you how to make a life style change. That is the key to weight loss and keeping it off. You can't think of it as a diet but a life style change.

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2008