How to make cloth diapers at home

Hi, I have a four month old..and I was wondering with the cost of diapers right now, if any one knew how to make cloth diapers, how they work, and what all I need to make them..any answer is help! Thank you,
Tarah

Julyblessing09

Asked by Julyblessing09 at 12:20 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Look on youtube at how to cloth diaper videos; very helpful
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• There are LOTS of choices on the different kinds of cloth diapers. Join sewing diaper divas on here and they should help you... also look into all the different kinds so you know what you want to start with.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:49 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• There are a ton of free patterns out there just google free cloth diaper patterns. Honestly what worked best for us was just taking a disposable that fit well and tracing it (I had hubby stretch the elastic out while I traced) and then putting elastic in the areas where the disposable had it. As for material to use I found that using some high quality prefolds that had been given to me worked great and the pieces I cut off to make fitteds out of them worked great as extra soakers for nap and night time.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:20 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• hey mama! a friend of mine makes her own prefolds with old t shirts! as pp's have answered, there are some great diy cloth diaper groups on cafemom and tons of tutorials on youtube! :)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:17 AM on Nov. 20, 2009