my hubby said I could have a laptop or cash for clothes for christmas, which one?

I need clothes desperately, but I also would like a laptop....

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 12:22 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Frankly, upon reconsideration, the most honest answer I can give is that I would debate my husband as to why I had to choose between clothes and a laptop, particularly if I needed clothes desperately as you say you do. Clothes are a necessity, plain and simple. If you need them desperately and your wardrobe is wholly inadequate, you should buy some new pieces even if you do get a laptop.

If finances are the issue, go to a large, popular thrift store in your area and comb through the clothes rack by rack to select your purchases. I am an attorney and I have bought some FABULOUS outfits at thriftstores at 3 to 6 bucks apiece for separates. Great classic brands, and I received many compliments on my new outfits from other lawyers in the office.

Christmas presents are supposed to be items you want, but don't need or we would all give gifts of a lifetime supply of dental floss.
    Momstrosity

Answer by Momstrosity at 12:43 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I would go for the laptop
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• laptop
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 12:27 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I'd take the cash. Then you can hit a black friday electronics sale or go to a day after Christmas sale and buy the laptop at a deep discount with money to spare that you can spend on clothes.
    Momstrosity

Answer by Momstrosity at 12:28 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I would go for clothes, esp if you already have a pretty decent computer!
    DarthPink

Answer by DarthPink at 12:29 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Clothes; it's more fun to shop for than a laptop
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 12:31 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• cant he just give you the money...find a cheap laptop, and use the rest for clothes ... I make my whole list for my husband, pics and everything....you could do that....ro do you get to pick out your own ?
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:32 AM on Nov. 20, 2009