am I the only one whose husband has no idea what romance is?

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 12:23 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• Nope, mine is as unromantic as they get. He got me NOTHING for Valentine's Day. Not even a card...
    Pristine_Dream

Answer by Pristine_Dream at 1:31 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I am not married but can relate to you. I been with my bf for over a year n the most romantic thing he has done was lite a candle. It was sweet n all but, us women or most of us are ready n willing to do. What ever is on their dirty minds. When it comes to romance he ain't got a clue, I been thinking bout cuttin him off to get what I want, it is a 2 way stree. A little game I like to call give n take.
    Lindsey24

Answer by Lindsey24 at 1:35 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I have been married for almost 9 years and the romance is dead lol....I need some ideas.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 6:04 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• If your husband grew up in a home where romance wasn't modeled for him, he may not even know what it looks like. My husband of almost 45 years grew up in such a home, but he was willing to learn, and he is now extremely romantic. He buys me flowers just because. We dance in the living room when there's no one home but us. He calls me from work at least once every day, but usually more than once. He is extremely affectionate all the time. It took some time for him to learn, but he did. I think your husband is probably not much different, but you will have to be willing to tell him what you think is romantic and encourage him to try. The one thing you don't want to do is to rebuff his efforts. Whatever he does, you must show appreciation. Many men stop trying because their wives have told them in some way that what they did wasn't good enough. Fragile egos are a given, so be gentle with your husband, and he will learn
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:22 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I have been with my man 18 years...and he has ZERO romance in him. *except for the fake purple rose he bought at a gas station one day while stopping for gas (I was pregnant with our first child). I get nothing for Valentines day EVER and for Mothers Day- i get reminded that I am not HIS mother therefore...it's up to the kids. I don't want flowers (since they jsut die anyhow) and I am not all about diamonds either (also a waste of money in my opinion) but there are other things he could do...up until aafew years ago-we DID hold hands while watching tv or movies and used to kiss every night before going to sleep -but those things are in the past too...oh well
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:28 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Yes and no. He's romantic in a very old fashioned casual way. We were watching Grey's Anatomy last night and that army DR who was hot on Yang grabbed her and started kissing her hotly outside the ER. I turned to DH and said "why don't you kiss me like that"? He replied with, that's not his "style". So later, I'm transferring the clothes from the washer to dryer and he comes up and smacks my butt, says keep it tight and grabs my boobs and makes honking noises. That's HIS idea of romance.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 9:11 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• hahaha nooooo you're not the only one! But, it's okay because I'm not exactly romantic either and if he did anything I'd probably be taken off guard and probably not react in the most ideal way.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 10:05 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• my husband was romantic when we dated, now i he stops at starbucks or brings home a plant from work i get lightheaded :) lol

momofcali3

Answer by momofcali3 at 12:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Eh...his idea of romantic was telling his buddy that I spent the day helping him put an engine in his truck, lol...or calling me his 'old lady' which gets him in the dog house every time...like I can't hear him, lol...
    Ezranight

Answer by Ezranight at 4:59 PM on Nov. 24, 2009