Does your butt itch...sometimes? (TMI)

The reason I ask this question is bc these past few days off and on my butt would feel itchy I would then have to go get a wipe and give it a good scratch. I couldn't jump in the shower bc I babysit during the day. It sometimes feels like a hair tickling too.
But what could it be? I don't think it is bc I am not clean bc I am and I don't have hemorroids so what is going on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Health

• Can't say i've ever had this issue.. the only time i've ever had anything remotely close to what you describe is after I had my son and had stitches down there..
    Um if you're itching there.. chances are you aren't cleaning well enough..
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 12:46 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Some women have anal seepage after having babies. I know it sounds gross but its from all the downward pressure the baby puts on your body. I would use flushable wipes and clean up when you have the itching problem. Its just another great side effect from having babies!!! :)
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 1:38 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• You may not have hemorrhoids, but it is hemorrhoidal tissue that could be irritated. Try those "tuck" pads or some witch hazel. Also you could use a little gold bond after your clean up, my hub's swears by it if he has an itch "down under" !! I worked in a Pharmacy for 14 years - this is a common complaint actually!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:40 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I could also mean you have Pinworms. I know that sounds gross, but itchy butt hole is a really good sign of worms. It's actually common...gross i know, but you need to get treatment if you have pinworms. Maybe a trip to the Dr. Might be a good idea. Here is a link to info about pinworms...

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/pinworms/article_em.htm

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:01 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• The most common symptom of pinworms is an itchy rectal area. Symptoms are worse at night when the female worms are most active and crawl out of the anus to deposit their eggs. Although pinworm infections can be annoying, they rarely cause serious health problems and are usually not dangerous. Therapy with routine prescription medications provides an effective cure in almost all cases.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:02 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• ahh....you babysit. Pinworms are most commonly caught from children.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:03 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• "Symptoms are worse at night when the female worms are most active and crawl out of the anus to deposit their eggs." OMG that is going to have me crawling right out of my skin if my butt EVER itches even a slight bit at night!!!!!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:55 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I just went into the doc yesterday for that. Do you have any other symptoms?? You could try over the counter creams like Tucks or Prep H. If it is that bothersome, caal the doc. Hemmoriods can be inside the rectum. I didnt think I had them, but I guess I do. Itchy butt can be many thinks from nothing to something. Better to be safe than sorry.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 7:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Itching and pain be gone! I found a solution to Anal Itch in the Bathroom Bidet Sprayers they use in Thailand. Every doctor will tell you that you need to clean but the key is you need to do it without irritating the skin. Difficult to accomplish when you have an itch that is just begging to be scratched. But cleaning with a water spray does just that and it is easy, convenient and no one need know what you are using it for. Toilet paper irritates the skin and the more you rub, the more you itch. I bought mine at http://www.bathroomsprayers.com and installed it myself. Check out; http://www.bathroomsprayers.com/info/mypage.php?page=20
    Jeff9

Answer by Jeff9 at 5:53 AM on Nov. 21, 2009