Thanks to all of you ladies you support me!Today I had my first round of radiation and chemo, and it was not bad at all!

The whole stay took 9 hours but I was lucky that my friend decided to stay the whole time and keep me company. The one thing that creeped me out was the nicest soft spoken guy I have ever met was walking us through the whole procedd and the basement floor. As we reached the radiation room, I kid you not! The most macabre music was coming from there, loud Phantom of the Opera type pipe organ music blasting! I was like WTH? Apparently you listen to music that comforts you as loud as you want and the guy getting zapped before me, well that "soothed" him. I got through it quickly and off to chemo for 7 hours. I felt so tired and sleepy that as soon as they put the 2 hour flush needle in me I knocked out for an 2 hours! That is where my friend Deanine had the priveledge of watching me sleep, hearing me snore and then talk in my sleep about flour tortillas with maple syrup and I invented a southwestern quesadilla? IDK! LOL and XOXO

ItsMeGigi69

Asked by ItsMeGigi69 at 12:48 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Tortillas with maple syrup huh? Now that is one I am sure my boys would love. I think we may have to experiment with that. lol
    I am relieved to hear it wasn't as bad as you anticipated. We love you and are wishing the best of everything for you.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:23 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I am so glad you are lighthearted about it. I truly hope the whole treatment plan is this way for you. Blessings to you and your family/friends.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:53 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Thanks NightPhoenix. i know the side effects may sneak up on my later this week but i am ready.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 1:01 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My mother went through cancer twice, and ended up with a double mastectomy. It was plain Hell for her. I don't wish Cancer on anyone. Glad you're ready for the side effects.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:05 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Hugs Gigi. Glad all went well today. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:10 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Thanks Susuie, I have radiation everyday though, tomorrow at 4:20pm, weekend off and then chemo again on Mon. On a good note, they are giving me Thanksgiving off!
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 1:13 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I pray all goes well for you.

Stay strong emotionally. You can kick it!

I can't say I know what you are going through, cause I cannot. BUT! I believe we ALL have the power within ourselves to be strong emotionally and physically. YOU CAN KICK IT! Believe it deep within you!

I hope you are giving your son those huggie loves I mentioned! You both need them!

Take care! And we'll all keep you in our prayers!

♥Hugs♥
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 1:23 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Stay strong gigi!! how is Alex? hugs
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 1:24 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I am praying for you and your family. Keep strong
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 1:46 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• {{{HUGS}}}
    I messaged you earlier and sent you the recipe.
    I'm glad you got some sleep. Deanine is a true friend to stay by your side the whole time - bless her.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:30 AM on Nov. 20, 2009