Do you ever worry about...

Does the thought ever cross your mind about what would happen if you were home alone, or with your baby, and you got really, really sick suddenly? Like, if you had a heart attack or an aneurism, or something like that? I find myself thinking about all these "what ifs" like that, a lot...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• PPD!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• The thought crosses my mind now and again. He is 11 now but sleeps like a log so I decided screaming for him wouldn't help. I carry the cordless with me everywhere and pray that I at least have time to call 911. Don't worry so much!
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 12:59 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• OP - It isn't PPD, my son is two years old. A little late for that, I think. But I am not exactly as healthy as I could be, I am trying to get back in shape but I have high blood pressure and a family history of blood clots and stuff like that. So it is on my mind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Uh, yeah. I worry ALL the time. I worried about falling down the stairs when my baby was little and I carried her. I worry about my kids falling out of the window (sometimes I'll leave their bedroom windows open because it's nice outside but I hate doing it). I worry about driving over bridges because I'm afraid we'll drive off and I try to think of how I'd get the two of them out of the car. I worry about carbon monoxide poisoning and if our detectors really work. I worry about something on my car breaking down while I'm on the interstate. I'm worried about DRIVING on the interstate.

LMAO! I Know it seems like I worry about a lot of things but only mostly when it involves my children. I don't worry about hardly anything other than that.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 1:07 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I would call my MIL cause she is the one who works closer to our place,
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 1:28 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• It occasionally did when my kids were babies. Now I don't worry about it. Of course I live with my dad who is always home and have older kids. I also learned not to worry about things I can't control.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:30 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Yes, I do.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:35 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I do but I try not to. I have a nebighor close by that I would trust with my kids and if I need anything I have her on speed dial or my three year old would no to go get her if mommy was hurt.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 1:44 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I don't know why I never worried about that, but I didn't. My fears were more on what if the baby got sick and I had no way to get her to the hospital/doctor.
    I was really sick one winter and we had a bad snowstorm so I had to go out with the snowblower to clear our driveway. It's an uphill driveway and I was huffing & puffing the whole time. Eventually, I collapsed in the snow and my 3 children saw. Well, my middle child (about 3 or 4 y/o) had JUST learned in Head Start how to dial and use 911 so she kept her calm while her older and younger sisters were crying and she called 911.
    When they asked her for our address she forgot it and told them it was the blue house on the hill...lol. An ambulance came and too me to the hospital while a neighbor came for my girls. I had bronchial pneumonia and my lungs closed up on me from the cold air.
    My daughter was a hero, given an award, and was in the paper. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:26 AM on Nov. 20, 2009