My 2 year old daughter is waking up every 2 hours at night. She never did this until this week. Whats going on?

So like the title says my 2 year old daughter is waking up litterally every 2 hours. She walks in my room asks for a cup and goes back to bed. She has never done this until this past week. Im not sure whats going on or what I can do? Could it be because we took her brother out of the room so they would stop playing instead of sleeping?

mommyin07n08

Asked by mommyin07n08 at 1:07 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• teething, sick?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Yes it is very possible the change in sleeping habits has her messed up. When we moved into our new house our daughter wouldn't sleep in her room rather the loft... it was weird, this only lasted a couple of weeks til she got used to the house.
    kidomom

Answer by kidomom at 1:11 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Maybe she's not as comfortable sleeping alone in her room since she's not use to it. I would reassure her that she's a big girl and she needs to stay in bed so she can wake up with lots of energy to play in the morning, etc. I wouldn't put emphasis on her being scared, especially since you don't know for sure if that is it, but I would tip toe around it giving her positive feedback and remarks on how she's so good for sleeping in her room by herself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• there is a great kids song by pajanimals about "How do I know that its morning time?" letting kids know when is an appropriate time to get OUT of bed and when they need to stay there even if they wake up. Try to youtube it. :)
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:16 AM on Nov. 20, 2009