need help with homemade gift ideas

i have a 1 year old and a 3 year old both boys and we have like no money my husband doesnt get much work these days and i work a part time 2 days a week job so we are making christmas gifts for EVERYBODY this year but what do you make little ones that they will really like other then food. i really need help please im at my witts end i also have to make gifts for my neices and nephews ages 5 to 15 (there are 7 of them)

jeneye4

Asked by jeneye4 at 1:28 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Holidays

• Do you sew?? Easy quilts, PJ, nightgowns, Sock Monkey's...
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:43 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• www.the-best-homemade-gift-ideas.com
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Hmm, not sure if this helps or not, but my DD loves to get craft supplies. Then she can use her imagination and make her own things. Problem is that you have to buy the supplies, but then again if you are making them all something you most likely still need supplies. Keep them age appropriate of course.

We got my daughter, construction paper, crayons, fuzzy pompoms, glue sticks, wooden craft sticks, chenille sticks, and those foam shapes that come in a huge bucket that have sticky sides to them. For the older kids you can add googly eyes, glitter, etc.

What about home made play dough? There are recipes on the internet, I'm sure. You can use baby food jars to store them in. Maybe there is also a recipe for homemade finger paints too.

Also if you have a local lumber yard call and see if you can get left over pieces and sand them with sandpaper and paint them for blocks! (Careful what paint you use). (cont.)

Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 1:49 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Another thing kids of all ages love is noisemakers or instruments. Like homemade maracas, drums, sand blocks, etc. (well maybe not the 15 year old, LOL) I know you can find those directions on the Internet, because my son had to make one for his science class a few years back. He made a "guitar" with a box and some rubber bands.

Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 1:53 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• hmm homemade for kids is rough... you could do cookies, make a little gingerbread house or a large cookie version of themselves or their family. maybe paper dolls for dress up for the girls
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 3:09 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• This year for the ladies in our family, we are making bath fizzies from Martha Stewart recipe. I have saved pickle jars over the years and cleaned them to put them in. Also, Im dragging out easter eggs to use as molds because I dont want to buy Martha's molds. We printed out each persons name on the computer and will put it on the jar with ribbon. I think its a great gift even for nephews. You should check it out. I think it makes alot which spreads out the cost.

I havent decided for the guys, maybe a homeade guy-smelling soap? I am going to put it into cupcake papers to save money.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:43 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Or for homeade soap for little ones, you can add a small toy in the center of the soap, like a barrett, ring, or a jingle bell....how fun is that?!! How those little boogers are going to be SO clean trying to get to the center of the soap!!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Last year I sewed my son crayon rolls, a "manly" cars apron, and a matching cars pillowcase. The cars fabric came from the clearance section at the fabric store...i also made him some pj's - spent a total of $21, fabric, toys, and all on him last year...
    Anonymous