Flying with a 10 1/2 month old

We're going from pdx to South carolina. Two different flights, long break in the middle i'm sure... but we leave at 6am and thats when she's used to waking up.. and tips on flying with a 10 1/2 month old...? I don't want her to be one of those screaming kids, and she's at that age where she just doesn't want to be held so i don't know how she's going to be able to sit for that long.. ugh help lol

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 1:55 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I traveled from Chicago to Hawaii (long flight) and my son was 6 months old! This was years ago and I was told to not fasten him in seat belt but to hold him in my lap for both takeoff and landings. During the flight, the flight attendants were kind enough to allow him to crawl throughout the aisles. I was in coach, while he begged for food, like a seal, in first class. LOL. Of course I had toys, snacks, etc.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 5:42 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• We went flying when my son was 6 months old and we had to wake up at like 6 am and we went to sleep pretty late the night before so he was still a little tired when we got on the plane. He started to cry in the terminal lol we had everyone looking at us. But as soon as we got on the plane and took our seats he has his pacifier and he took a nap and woke up a few mins before we landed. he took a nap on the way back also. we got pretty lucky. Just make sure you have everything she needs pacifier, food and toys to keep her occupied.
    Cappy1979

Answer by Cappy1979 at 2:06 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• she gave up the pacifier months ago, she has no interest in it.. i'm still bringing it in case but some people have said to give them allergy medicine to knock them out.. any advice?
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:13 AM on Nov. 20, 2009