o boy I'm laughing

My son's father NOW wants to be in the picture.. somewhat..
after leaving him when my son was 2 weeks old.. he has not once seen him and it's been almost 2 months now.. and he denied it's his son..
but NOW.. he messaged me he wants shared custody IF it's his son..
one: thought it wasn't yours????
two: You decided not to be there... why now?
and three: how are you going to take care of him.. you won't listen to what problems Nathan has and what kind of care so why should you take him with you if you're not going to care?

I'm sorry but in my head.. I am laughing at the fact now he wants to be in the picture somewhat.. and won't do anything

kittenripmaygo

Asked by kittenripmaygo at 3:01 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• give him a chance. if he fucks up....fuck him
    _mimimosley_

Answer by _mimimosley_ at 3:04 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• that's just the thing.. he's already almost killed him the 2 weeks he had him..
    and he doesn't care if he has any kind of problem that needs to be watched out for.. he can't even take care of himself.
    the only reason he wants him.. [tax money and novelty to get girls]
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 3:05 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• i say, dont give him that chance.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 3:30 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• well if you don't agree then take it to court but theeyy will probably give him some type of visitation rights anyway...so instead of being angry do waht is best for your son..who does deserve to have a father, and help this guy learn to care for his son, help him learn to care for YOUR son and give your son the best chance he has at haveing a healthy relationship with both of HIS parents.

I can understand were you are angry and how you feel probably... helpless and well.. I don't think there could be a word that would fit how I would feel in your shoes...

But I'm not in your shoes, so its easier for me to see past the emotions. THis is about your son, and if he really does want to be a dad, YOUR SON deserves that chance. Perhaps it is for the novelty and taxes... but perhaps deep down its also for the right reasons.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 3:48 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• what she said. ^^

also, he left at 2 wks, and the baby is only 2 months old..the father hasn't been out of the picture that long, physically. obviously, you and he aren't 'together', so what really, do you expect from him? what are you more upset with at this point? that baby has a long life ahead of him..a lot more than a month or so, to be worried about. do what is best now, and put aside your petty greivances for the sake of the baby. don't play with it- it aint' a game, momma.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 4:04 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I think your best bet is to hire a lawyer, tell him/her that dad 'almost killed him' and if the child has special needs then make it known to the laywer. (that way if dad fails to take care of the needs the court can come back at him). Start the ball rolling to get custody, child support and visitation set up. Maybe once dad finds out what parenting is like (and how much child support he will have to pay) he will decide it is 'not worth it' and sign away his parent rights to your child. Good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:08 AM on Nov. 20, 2009