How more can we help Katie Rose?

Katie Rose is a toddler whom my daughter goes to gymnastics with. She is diagnosed with lymphangioma. This is like a tumor in her face that keeps growing... The family is in dire need of finanical help to help with medical costs(surgury before it covers her entire face) , flight costs to New York, etc. Please give advice as how to write grants, get donations etc., to I was not asked to do this; I just feel complelled to help after meeting Katie Rose... She is a doll. Thank you....

Asked by tanya64 at 3:08 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I don't know but you should really ask the parents if it is ok for you to be doing this. They may not be comfortable with the idea.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:37 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• It is more than okay; she asked me to spread the word. Katie Rose needs help now. You can see her website at

Answer by tanya64 at 9:24 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Write to Ellen. I'm not kidding. I watched her show the other day. She gave a family over $50 grand. It made me cry, she gave them money to pay off credit card bills. Catch up with their mortgage. And gave them a new vehicle. Which I'm sure was donated, but still. It's worth a shot.

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 21, 2009