Would you keep your child out of school?

If they had a rough night sleeping, my daughter who is 9 in 3rd grade, woke up last night around 1 am and could not go back to sleep. She was very restless and has been up since, she was not whiny but she was just wide awake, and now im thinking of keeping her home, I know she will not make it the whole day at school, would you all do the same. I work from home, we have one vehicle and my hubby is at work with the car so if she become irritable at school im not sure how I would get up there to get her. She has not missed any days this year and this is the last day before thanksgiving break. Just would like opinions on how others would handle.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Under the circumstances I probably would. If she can afford to lose a day and since it's so close to Thanksgiving break, I don't see a problem. I hope she can catch up on her sleep, and that you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 7:11 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I would definately keep her home.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 7:45 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• yeah
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:51 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I would keep her home. Its the day before break they probabley wont be doing much anyways. And sometimes kids miss a day of school dont worry mom it's allllright :) Hope she gets caught up on her sleep.
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 7:56 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I am going to sound cold hearted here but I think I will send her to school unless she was special needs child.

If she is typically developing child she can recuperate her sleep over the weekend. By sending her to school I think I would be discouraging creating a habit of "all I have to do is stay up all night and next day I won't go to school" Also keeping her home sends the message that school isn't important and it can be sacrificed.

Additionally, she will be sleepy and cranky but she will learn a lesson, night time is for sleeping or else I will go to school th enect day and feel very tired.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 8:20 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Yes, you may find in a hour or so she is sick...
    I would make her stay down or in her room most of the day and read... rest is the best remedy!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 9:31 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I would keep her home, you know they will call you to go get her later. Or they will criticize you for her being to tired.
    betsyleemessina

Answer by betsyleemessina at 10:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Yes I would. She won't learn much if she is half asleep throughout the day.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:21 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I would keep her home. She would not be learning a lot while fighting sleep. As long as it is not an ongoing thing she should be fine.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:38 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• i have to agree keep her home and i would say that perhaps aconversation as to WHY she was up is in order...there may be something on her mind that is keeping her up.
    drivnkids

Answer by drivnkids at 4:30 PM on Nov. 24, 2009