sleep walking?

my two and a half year old has been having nightmares and sleep walking. its really scaring my he use to do it when he was a about a year old but its been a while.. so i'm wondering what can i do to stop it. im waiting for medicaid to kick back in to take him to the doc. so until then, what can i do?

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 6:33 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You cant stop sleepwalking. I did it and sometimes still do. Just child proof the house and keep the doors lock to avoid injury. Put a baby gate up at his bedroom door and at the top of any staircase. Id also get eye hooks for the doors that he should not be getting into if hes able to open them on his own. I once slepwalked and unlocked both locks on the front door and almost walked out until my dad got me befoer I could. So eye hooks are great for that since he cant reach them. Many say to lock the bedroom door(from the outside) but God forbid there was a fire and he needed to get out he may not. So stay away from that.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:24 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• you can't stop sleepwalking, I was a big time sleep walker. Put a gate up at his door at night, that should stop him from leaving his room. We had to do that with our daughter
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:52 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• my son is two and sleep walks. i keep him in our bed, so i wake when he gets out of bed, and i can put him back in and hold him. its not for everyone, but it works for us. He also has night terrors too which bum and scare me and him, so he needs more tlc at night to sleep.
    momofcali3

Answer by momofcali3 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 20, 2009