God won't save the decieved chriastians?!

Is there a biblical reference to this? Cause if this is true I feel even our salvation is a gamble...

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 6:44 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Never heard this. I never saw anything in the bible about this. God gave us hope to live with him forever and if this were true there would be no hope and GOd would not do that. What would have been the point of sending his only son to die if htis were true. It doesn't make sense to me.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:11 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• then I must be confused by what I read...
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 7:14 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• If people are deceived willingly (or willingly ignorant) they put their own salvation in jeopardy. It's not a gamble, it's all about the condition of the heart. If we don't want to know the truth of God's Word, if we want to believe a lie is real, if we don't love truth...

2Thessalonians 29-12:

9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:17 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12, I meant.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:18 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• This ties into to Hosea 4:6-

"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

If we don't study for ourselves, but instead depend on our pastors to teach us, we reject the knowledge that is available.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:22 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Lexylex....

What about all those hundreds of years when the average Christian was not educated and HAD to depend upon their pastors to teach them? They weren't rejecting knowledge...they simply had no access to it on their own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Not those people...US. We who live in today's society with all of its technological advances. God makes allowances for the unlearned through the Holy Spirit. All of the people who can read have NO excuse.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:30 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Well sure I think it would have to apply now, too. I don't care how educated a person is, they can be led astray by people claiming to be this or know that. Hell, if everyone was so smart, they'd all come to the same conclusions about what the Bible is saying --- yet there are how many denominations of Christianity? There are how many arguements among Christians every single day over this verse or that verse? People that get sucked into cults and BELIEVE their leader is God... they can read... they're not bad people....yet they're being deceived... so when "God" tells them to drink the Kool-Aid they'll not be saved? I wouldn't call them "willingly ignorant".

So yeah, I don't believe in God, but if there were one & he would let "deceived" people rot in hell, he wouldn't be the God for me.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:02 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• If you are a born again Christian you will not be decieved and you will not loose your salvation. My salvation never depends on me. It was purchased with Christ's blood, that never changes.

I believe this teaching is a misguided attempt to keep people obedient to scripture and to certain denominations.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:40 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Now if someone is deceived, is it quit possible they aren't christian?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Nov. 20, 2009