folks compliment me on my cubic zirconia wedding rings all the time, should I just say thanks? or tell them they aren't real??

I have two really nice square cut cubic zirconia rings that I wear on my ring finger and I get compoliemented all the time on them and also on other costume jewelry...what is the proper response? I guess no one has to know right??

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 7:09 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No one has to know, so just accept the compliments!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 7:16 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I have one too and get complimented al the time, I just say thank and leave them wondering!

Answer by older at 7:18 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• smile and say thanks. It's really noone's business real or fake. Unless you want to tell them.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:25 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• No one has to know is right! That's your business. You wouldn't tell a person what is in your pay check right? That's private. If someone were to compliment your blouse would you say "Thanks is a cotton/poly blend"? Probably not. Just say thanks and move along.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:34 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Do what you're doing...Fake it! :) In fact I think Wal-Mart has some of the prettiest jewelry, seriously, I'd buy it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• i bought a fake one when i was pregnant when my real one stopped fitting, i still haven't lost all the weight so i still wear it and i get compliments all the time. lol the ring was 7.50 haha my real one was like 1500 LOL
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 8:06 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Say thank you and move on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• it can still look nice.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:38 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• No one says that a wedding ring SHOULD be diamond, just smile and say thanks:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I got a CZ ring after I lost my first wedding ring and before my husband replaced mine. I just accepted compliments unless I felt like I was intimidating someone and then I reassured them that it wasn't a real diamond. It was fun for that year or two.
    Syra3.14159

Answer by Syra3.14159 at 8:48 AM on Nov. 20, 2009