How does that work again?

Why is it the acts of Muslims are reflections on the entire faith while the actions of Christians are anomalies that should not be used to judge the entire faith? First it's Ft Hood, now it's Sharia law in another country. When a Muslim does something Christians don't like it's because they're ENTIRE FAITH is evil. When a Christian does something equivalent to what the Muslim did, we're told they aren't "real" Christians. You can't have it both ways, so which is it - any act by someone claiming Christianity, from Westboro to the Klan, represents ALL Christians, or the acts of individual Muslims or Muslim countries only reflect on those individuals or those countries?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:30 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it could be the individual. I believe is still goes back to choice as what a person does, Or decides to do, believe in, and act on it. Good or bad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I agree!! one bad apple should not spoil the bunch!

Answer by older at 8:44 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• First of all, a FAR larger percentage of Muslims are "extremists", if that's what you prefer to call them, so it's a much bigger issue to contend with than "extreme" Christianity. Violence in the name of ALLAH happens every single day, all over the world, so much so that it IS seen as mainstream Islam by some. Every day, you can see stories of suicide bombers, beheadings, etc from all over the world where Islam rules the government. Please give me one example of a "Christian run" government who is condoning and encouraging that type of violence. I am waiting. Give me the Christian equivalent of Somalia, or Iran, or any other oppressive Muslim nation. There just isn't one, period. Extreme Islam is a genuine threat to the entire world with its violence and its prevalence. Extreme Christianity--where there's actual violence involved--is such an anomaly that when it DOES happen, it's major headline news. There's just no comparison
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Waint a min....I have to call WTH? on THIS question. Have you READ through any of the posts o here. Christians are ALWAYS lumped together with the bad ones., ALWAYS. On every single question it CHRISTIANS who hate gays, are against women having any choice, who believe we should kill everyone bad but that no one else should.....ect ect. And OVER AND OVER I see Christians on here that refute ALL of those or some of those or Most of those and MORE but they get ignored. I mean REALLY! Our religion was even referred to as a MYTH the other day and when I asked whether Jews, MUSLIMS, Hindus and other religions were Myths too....I was ignored! If they are Myths too people should be JUST as condescending to them....but you cant speak out on them, or say anything negative because THEN you are hateful!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:13 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• "Extreme Christianity--where there's actual violence involved--is such an anomaly that when it DOES happen, it's major headline news. There's just no comparison"

I would say that having brought about the deaths of a million Iraqis would qualify as "extreme violence". How about the torture and killing carried out by those who pray to God who is on their side in the killing of infidels? How about the violence carried out by Israel against the Palestinians, with our money.

The US "under God" is the most violent country, and has proven through its actions to be a "genuine threat to the entire world". It is not an anomaly when we invade, rape and pillage. It is business as usual. And no, our atrocities don't make major headline news. I quess you are right on one thing though, there is no comparison.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I think that right now the extremists are in the limelight and so it shows that side of the religion. I feel like until a Muslim leader stands up and says "this is wrong" we will continue to view the faith in a bad light. I think about the Holocaust- the reason all Christianity was not cast in a bad light is because religious leaders stood up and said- this is not who we are. I have not seen this YET from the Muslim faith... hopefully soon the leaders will stand up and take back their religion.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 9:25 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:00 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• wilboyz1994--take back what? Go look at the question about the Somalian woman being stoned to death and see the "mainstream" Muslim mom saying that it is an appropriate punishment according to the Quran. It IS mainstream, it IS acceptable in Islam. It is a violent religion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• to wqhoever posted the above that I just quoted WHY did you post anon? That was hitting the nail right on the head..BRAVOOOOO
    tnmomofive

• whoever*
    tnmomofive