Do you put blow up snow globes in your front yard for Christmas?

Do you favor the more gaudy and glitzy Christmas decorations, or do you like the more simple styles? When I was a kid I loved the multi colored lights and the crazy designs that some people would put up. Now that I am older I like the more simple, plain white lights. Haha, when I was a kid I thought that look was BORING. Now I like it better. How do you decorate? Is it to your taste or for your kids?

PS no judging here! To each their own! If we all did it the same then THAT would be truly boring :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I like white lights... I HATE colored lights I think it looks tacky... But guess what I put on my house and Tree... Colored lights! Its more fun for my kids, I put my taste preference aside so they can enjoy the fun of the Holidays. :)
    AmberMN

Answer by AmberMN at 9:23 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I love the deer and lights more. But I am sure I probably given the chance wouldnt pass up something more in your face for decorations LOL
    I love Christmas!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:22 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• yes my dh is a xmas dork...we have a blow up snow man.he found a charlie brownat sears so we are out to get that.we dont just put white lights on our bushes we put colored....dont be jelouse...
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 9:33 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• We put white lights on our bushes, garland with white lights around our door, a big wreath on our door, with a potlight on it and have 2 white light up trees on each side of our door. I love the white light look. It's more traditional and classy for me. I love Chritmas decorating!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:40 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I like the big brightly colored lights strung around the house, I dont like the white "icecicle" lights, but my husband does. I dont really care for the blow up snow globes either. we had a neighbor when I was growing up who had painted wooden reindeer, sleighs and santa that I just loved.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:49 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I used to work somewhere that sold the blow up decorations. We had them up in the store... the ones that look like snowglobes always ended up with a hole in it, and they never were outside. I would be careful with those. I like colored and white lights. This is the first year I will decorate for christmas, other than at my mom's house. We always made trees out of lights and fence posts. Those were my favorite
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 9:50 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• As long as it matches for me. We did all colors for the kids so NO white lights, it doesnt match. I KNOW I KNOW.....who cares?!?! lol But I love to decorate and if Im buying it, I might as well coordinate!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:57 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• No I hate them. They take so much unnecessary energy to run them... I would never own one.
    weezer_cookie

Answer by weezer_cookie at 10:29 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I definately do not like the blow up decorations, multi colored lights, and the more extravagant decorations. I like the traditional decorations. The green garlands around the door frames, the white lights, the candles in the windows, just the very simple decorations. I prefer homemade ortaments on the trees, and that's the only place I'll allow colored lights. Only red and green though, no blue or pink like they sell in the stores. I never understood where the pink, purple, and blue came in. I think they're soo tacky, and it ruins the whole spirit of Christmas for me.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I think the multi colored lights and blow up decor is cool if you like it. I like looking at it when they close down streets. But for me its tacky and ugly lol. I like simple white lights and more of a different style of decorating. More modern and a little fancy. But i start decorating Nov 1. I dont celebrate Christmas but i celebrate Yule.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 1:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2009