How long will a laptop battery last?

We are driving to WDW next week and we have hit snags along the way. The money I thought we would have to buy a Car DVD player was spent in a major car repair so I had an idea that we could take the laptop to use..I dont know how the hubby feels about it but thought it may work. Then I can journal with it while we are there. Just dont know how I feel about having the laptop in WDW.
So anyway..how long will the battery last and If I charge my other laptops battery will it hold the charge til we use it????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Technology

• Not very long at all, just buy a plug in that goes into the cigarette lighter (but has a regular plug in on it) I got a black and decker on from walmart for $17.00
    AmberMN

Answer by AmberMN at 9:39 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• We can't anser that. It depends on the type of laptop. It depends how much memory it has, how old it is, how large it is, what mode you run it in (there is a battery saving mode), etc.

Most beefy laptops that can play movies, games, etc. will last about 1 and a half hours when playing a movie and about 2 to 3 hours when just doing simple word processing. A netbook battery can last up to 5 hours vs a true laptop that won't last nearly as long.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:42 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Thanks for the help so far....We have a Lenavo thinkpad. Screen in maybe a 15 inch. I am gonna look and see at Walmart what they have for a plugin thanks!
    Zookeeperof4

Answer by Zookeeperof4 at 10:16 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• PinkSodaPop

Answer by PinkSodaPop at 11:14 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• depends on how long u use it
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 4:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2010