afghanastan:::

are our troops being deployed to afghanastan?or are they minimal..i didnt want to put this on politics.though i should have but they always blow me off.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Some navy guys are being deployed to the horn of Africa. My husband was supposed to go to Iraq but the orders have been canceled. He will be going to Afghan next year along with a marine battalion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I know my brother's infantry is going to be sent over to Afghanastan soon. (National Guard)
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 10:09 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I don't think anyone knows what is going on.
    Anonymous

• My dh just got back. they are beefing up the numbers over there, but still doing the same time in between rotations, just sending more each rotation(which is 15 months for Nat'l Guard, 13 months for reserves, and 10-12 months for Regular Army)
    As for the other branches, I have no idea. I don't follow them too much.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 3:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• You will have to watch the news for such reports.
    NO ONE (military members, their spouses, their children, the commands, anyone) is allowed to reveal information on deployment activity if they have inside information.
    OPSEC regulates that anyone who has knowledge of precise deployment activity is bound to the security regulations set forth by the government, especially on the internet.
    Please take heed and do not reveal info you know!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2009