runny nose/congestion but no temp

my 7 month old is acting like his normal self but his nose is so stuffy i feel bad, he kept waking up last night, i put some baby vicks rub on him but it didn't help and tylenol won't help because he doesn't have a temp, i've done the saline rinse which he absolutely HATES and i feel horrible when i do it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be an ear infection. Thats how my son acts. Most of the time he doesn't pull at his ears or anything like that so I never know until I go to the doctors.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:06 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I havent met a baby that loved saline drops or the bulb syringe LOL you just gotta do it quickly! My son just got over a cold and the saline drops are what helped the most the flush out his nose! If he refuses end of story, use a warm wet washcloth and wipe his nose. if your ds sleeps in a crib, you can fold up a blanket or towel and tuck it under one side of the mattress. elevation will help with drainage and help him breathe easier! a cool mist humidifier can help clear the airways. if you dont own one, a hot steamy bathroom will work just as well. If I've noticed a ton of posts like this one! I guess it's cold season for our babies! :(
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:24 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Hey Owl, my daughter loved the saline and bulb syringe lol. She would actually giggle when I did it lol. She's a strange one lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:37 AM on Nov. 20, 2009