Can pregnant women get safe dental care?

I broke a tooth almost a year ago and put it off and put it off but NOW it is killing me.....Is it safe to get dental care now that I am 6 1/2 months pregnant? Or should I wait a few more months and deal with the pain....(Pain so bad to wake me in my sound asleep mode)....Thanks for the advice

AnaBaumgartner

Asked by AnaBaumgartner at 10:08 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had to get a tooth pulled when I was about 6 months pregnant. Best thing to do is talk to the dentist he will give you the best answer. Putting off dental work can be very dangerous you may NEED to get it taken care of now. Call the dentist today :)
    AmberMN

Answer by AmberMN at 10:11 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I was also 6 mo pregnant when I had a broken tooth get infected and it was too painful to ignore. I had it taken out while I was pregnant.. I had to get a letter from my ob saying that I could have a local and what paid meds they could give me but I am telling you that once it was out I felt so much better. It is actually worse for the baby if the infection gets in your system then if you have it taken care of. You just can't be put under but I had the local and didn't feel a thing. Good Luck and get that tooth taken care of !!
    sophia_03_27

Answer by sophia_03_27 at 10:14 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I had the WORST tooth ache when I was 3 months along. Yes, you can get dental care. They even took xrays but put extra covers over my belly. I ended up having my tooth pulled. I would rather have a baby with NO pain killers then suffer through a tooth ache.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Sure can... i was 7 months prego and got 4 teeth worked on
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 11:24 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Go to the dentist! Most of my work has been Novocain only which is not a problem at all! An infection in your tooth can go into your bloodstream and go to your heart or lungs or brain. Stop screwing around. Take care of your body.  It is where your baby lives.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I had a crown put on while preggo. Go and let them tell you what needs to be done. It will be fine.
    Winter711

Answer by Winter711 at 3:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2009