Good online games/web sites?

What are some good, clean online game and web sites for an 8 year old boy and a 6 year old girl? I've got the horse game, Bella Sara, for my daughter, but I need some for my son. They're both getting little computers for Christmas, and I'd like to find some good web sites that they can peruse. They're not usually allowed on the internet, but I'd like them to learn how to navigate it a bit, within the limits I put in place with the parental controls I have turned on.

Thanks in advance, Ladies!

debra_benge

Asked by debra_benge at 10:10 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My 5 year old son plays on Zimmertwins.com this is a site where kids can make movies, he also goes on nickarcade.com (I think thats the link or just nick.com) and Neopets.com is a good one with lots of games!

He also likes king.com (this isnt for kids only its just a game site)
    AmberMN

Answer by AmberMN at 10:15 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My son is 4, and he likes pbs.org nickelodeon.com and also cartoonnetwork.com
    hazeleyezmommy

Answer by hazeleyezmommy at 10:16 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• my son, and ok lol me too, we loved candyland for the computer, wonderful learning games and graphics, 3 skill levels, and you can get it without all the fancy pacjaging for around 10$, another that my son loved was called "dinasoar" its got the lil dino named Rolf who leads you around an island to collect and hatch eggs, having adventures on the way.websites, Bigfishgames.com...now there are some more mature games there BUT you can set parent controls so if they choose one that is for lets say a teen, a screen pops up that says they cant access it. And by mature I dont mean anything dirty, its more like murder mystery games that they dont want kids to see w/o parents yanno? but the hidden object adventure games there are funa nd you can download free hour long trials, before deciding wether or nto to buy. If you do buy, most are 6.99. have fun, I need to go play games now lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:16 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• the top ones my girls use at school - the bottom few are ones I've found for them to play on.
    starfall.com
    math.com
    highlightskids.com
    funbrain.com
    bbc.co.uk/typing
    kids.nationalgeographic.com
    disney.com

hasbro.com
    agkidszone.com
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 12:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• ClubPenguin.com
    vmath.com (it's educational)
    littlestpetshop.com
    disney.com

Those are a couple that Bailey says she likes... Not sure about Cody.

theonecilla

Answer by theonecilla at 10:55 PM on Nov. 20, 2009