If Heaven is so wonderful...?

If Heaven is so wonderful why is nobody in a rush to get there?

Why does nobody want to die and why would most give anything to have their dead friends and family brought back to life on earth and away from life in Heaven? Why did Jesus resurrect Lasarus? It starts to look mean if Heaven is where his faithful are hoping to go anyway. I'm puzzled. If we all go to Heaven, what is Earth for ultimately? Why was it created at all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sorry want to add....
    If Lasaraus was in heaven, he would have had a piece of it and would be estatic and raving about it. That did not happen. God created humans for the earth. If Adam and Eve had not sinned, where would they be? Right here on earth.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:43 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• This isnt the best place to find your answers to these questions, but me personally I look at Earth as being a test to see if I go onto Heaven. I also think that people are not wanting to die is most people are scared of death... I know I am! Will it hurt? What will happen? there are so many questions! I do look forward to going to Heaven and being with God, I dont think nobody wants to die, I want to die someday just not now its not my time to die yet, nobodys in a rush because they still have life to live, family they love and want to be with! And thats why I think people are so sad when there loved ones pass, they will just miss them being around. I will be sad when my mother and father die but I wont want them to stay on earth because thats not where they belong anymore.
    AmberMN

Answer by AmberMN at 10:28 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Love your topic - I believe God gave us intelligence to experience life He blessed us with and to work to help ourselves and others in the best and worst of times. I believe if God did not make us in his image that intelligence would not exist in many humans. And that Heaven is a place of peace and rest for working in different ways on levels of peace in mankind, but God decides death.

When a person has died because of someone, something or of their own hand that God has called to Heaven that person for eternal peace and joy. Hell is reserved for those whose peace in their own minds brings unrest and hatred to others, never a peace with a heart of joy or accomplishment.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:28 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• If Heaven is so wonderful why is nobody in a rush to get there?
    ---------------------
    I am! I don't believe we go there when we die, but when Jesus returns.I live for that day!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 10:31 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• NO one wants to die because God put it in our heart to live forever in Eden. Great question and I think I know what you are getting at. It would have been mean for Jesus to rip Laz out of heaven to place him back on the earth. So he died, but he did NOT go to heaven.

If we all go the heaven, then who will Jesus be ressurecting? Most religions contradict themselves right there!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:39 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• For me, I would prefer to put the gates of heaven on hold for a few years while my kids are growing. After that, when the good Lord is ready to call me home I am ready to come into his glory.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• i know lots of ppl who cant wait to get to heaven! its a little creepy at times, but they truly are happy when a friend passes b/c they know they will see them again & are now at peace. they arent going to kill themselves to get to heaven, but havent you head of the cults who believe they must ascend to heaven when a comet passes by...they are willing to kill themselves for their idea of heaven.

most ppl dont want to die b/c they dont know for 100% what its going to be like. a lot of ppl arent afraid of death itself, but about leaving others behind.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:45 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Phil. 1:21-24 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. The apostle Paul explains this conflict perfectly.

We are torn, because we know how wonderful heaven will be, and being with Christ is our ultimate desire. But at the same time we have many things Christ has called us to. I am a mom and I desire to see my children grow to be successful adults, and maybe make me a grandma. I am a wife with a husband who needs me. A daughter, a friend, a part of a church family, in short God still has stuff for me to do and I want to do His will. So we are torn between the two.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:34 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• HaHa! I have asked this many times!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:35 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• HaHa! I have asked this many times!
    --

I have answered it many times
    Anonymous