Can the dead REALLY see us????

I hate this idea. Imagine your dead friends or family watching you greive for them and not able to help you. Imagine them watching you make mistakes, get stressed or even do private stuff. This idea of the dead being alive in another form disgusts me. It doesn't sound loving one bit!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• From a bibles pt of view, the dead are unconsious of nothing and can not see us. (Ecc 9:5) They return to dust.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:34 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I was once told by a medium...those of us that have loved ones that have past can see us. They are not with us constantly but are with us when we are greiving, needing them, missing them or talking about them. I was told stuff from this medium only stuff my Mom would know, therefore, I believe they can watch over us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• i always wondered this myself, but I dont think ghosts or spirits can literally "see" like we can see objects, since the eyes are controlled by the brain.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:28 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I dont think our friends or family who passed are watching us every moment, including when we pee or change our tampons ya know? lol I'm sure they respect privacy even in the afterlife
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:29 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Sure, I think they can.

If my dead friends & relatives want to watch me pee or hump my husband... eh, what am I gonna do about it? LOL More power to 'em!
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Oh yeah, they are around, but not in the way they would be if they were alive. I have been told things by TOTAL strangers things that only my Dad or Grampa would know, so I KNOW they are around me!! I actually take comfort in that.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:50 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I know from experience that dead people can "see" us.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:19 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• We don't know if the dead can see us, though anecdotal evidence suggests they can (I personally believe they can), & if they can see us we don't know what limitations there are on their watching, if their emotions are the same as when we are living (maybe they don't feel helpless about not being able to help, but understand that it is a growing experience for us), or if their time for watching us is a small window after death or our whole lives. I seriously doubt that souls spend their whole afterlife following us around watching us shower & work etc. even if they are able to check in on us from time to time.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 11:44 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10

5:“For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

10: Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the grave, [a] where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.

Psalm 146:3-4

3 Do not put your trust in princes,
    in mortal men, who cannot save.

4 When their spirit departs, they return to the ground;
    on that very day their plans come to nothing.

This is what the bible says about the condition of the dead.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 12:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I don't think they can see us unless God opens a window for them to. I think their view is limited. I pray my LH can watch his son and therefore be a part of seeing him grow up. However, I do NOT want him looking in on me and DH in the bedroom! LOL! I can tell you though, right after he died, and even now I get cautious sometimes in private with the thought that he might be able to see me, lol! I don't feel like I'm being watched or anything like that, I just get weirded out by the idea.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 12:33 PM on Nov. 20, 2009