moms who breastfeed please:

I just had my baby last week and Im breastfeeding only
what I have found to be the only inconvenience is the fact that when I sleep I leak everywhere. LOL seriously, thru clothes, blankets, etc. I used the gerber nursing pads only to find that I dont really like them because they dont stay in place so now I have a couple packs of the lansinoh nursing pads and I am hoping that these will work.

So moms, my question is which nursing pads did/do you use?
which work the best at night time?
Any other advice?

Thanks Ladies

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 10:42 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This leaking through everything will only last a while longer. When your supply is established it will stop. I used a waterproof crib pad under my torso while sleeping until it stopped happening. It didn't matter what pads I used, I leaked at night. It also helps if you sleep on your back. IF you sleep on your side the pressure on your breasts will cause them to leak.
    Good luck, and congratulations on your new LO.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:50 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• i'd have to take a towel and eventually when your milk is established it will not leak as much, so just hang in there :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I loved the lansinoh ones. In the beginning I would have to change them usually once a night so I would not soak through, but other than that I never had a leaking issue with them . I did however leak through with pretty much every other one I tried.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 10:47 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• The lansinoh ones are great for night time. The crazy leaking is a phase that will pass. Keep up the good work =)
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:51 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• When I was breastfeeding I hated nursing pads cause they were not as big as my boobs and their round shape could be seen through my shirts. My best friend said she used men's 100 percent cotton handerchiefs. They could be refolded, used more than once in one fitting. They worked the best for me. Also when nursing I wore a lot of print tops to help hide any leaks that get out.

Before I had babies a friend and I were out once and she became engorged without her baby to feed right then. She told me that what worked sometimes for her was to have a letdown by just thinking very hard of her baby, her hormones would sometimes kick in and she'd leak. Sometimes without baby on her mommy's days out, she told me she'd quick blend in walking near a group of babies and moms. Their cries near her brought on her hormones and letdown of her milk.

Good Luck, don't know if any of this will help you. Oh Congratulations!!!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:51 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I was like that at first too, but it will stop I used the lansinoh ones I think thats how you spell it the ones with the plastic back. Now I don't use anything he's 5 months old now but i think after a month or so it was fine.
    Heather10285

Answer by Heather10285 at 10:52 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• thanks ladies
    its great to see this wont last the whole time I breastfeed. :)
    Thanks for the advice
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:02 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Lansinoh is the best. But you'll have to sleep with a thick towel because you are going to leak a lot more than any pad will be able to help you with and it will last for a few more weeks like that. GL
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 11:02 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• The leaking will abate soon. Honestly, menstrual pads cut in half work better than any breast pads.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:16 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I remember putting a bath towel under my shirt. Don't worry, it will get better!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:22 AM on Nov. 20, 2009