Holiday cookies and candy...what freezes well?

My entire family is spending Christmas with us this year. I'm trying to come up with cookie and candy recipes that I can make early and freeze. Anybody know of any that work well with freezing? We are particularly fond of buckeyes, toffee, choc dipped pretzels, hastacks, but aren't limited in our love of sweets. LOL Do any of those freeze better than others? HELP!
Also, If I freeze cookies, should I freeze the dough and bake later?

JawgaMom1

Asked by JawgaMom1 at 10:48 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Food & Drink

• any cookie made with butter will freeze well.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:16 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Most candies freeze well, such as fudge, peppermint bark and bonbons. I've never frozen coated pretzels, but I do refrigerate them until I'm ready to use them and they're fine. "Puppy chow", a.k.a. Muddy Buddies from Chex, also stores well in the refrigerator. Peanut brittle can sit on a counter for weeks if it is wrapped well.

Pretty much any baked cookie will freeze well as long as it is sealed properly against the cold. The cookie doughs that freeze best are shortbreads, chocolate chip, peanut butter, refrigerator, sugar and brownies. Avoid freezing cake-like cookies and cookies that have a very liquidy batter, such as madeleines and tuiles, because they won't hold up well.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2009