Are you sad about any thing this Thanksgiving?

My Grandmother died back in the summer of -08...before that, I spent every thanksgiving at her house...I miss that sooooooo much. She was in her eighties but I still wish she were alive...she left us to soon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am always a bit sad at the holidays because I miss my mom. So, I make sure to spend a bit of time alone to deal with my emotions and then I do something I really enjoy - entertain! We have Thanksgiving and Christmas at our house and this year we are having a holiday party for friends.

It is important to acknowledge your feelings and know why you are sad. It is also therapeutic to continue with your live and surround your self with people you love and who love you. They are probably missing that same person!
    Karamae

Answer by Karamae at 11:00 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My dad wont be here, he passed away a few years ago. Also that I won't be with my mom. She'll be at work. Instead I'll be cooking for DH, our children, and his family. i'm sure it will be nice but not as great as eating with mom :(
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 11:00 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My grandmother just died this last August...it will be our first everything without her this year :(...we have been cleaning out her house and it's tough. I think this is the first Holiday season I can honestly say Im not looking forward to. Which isn't good either since I have a 15 month old to make it special for. Guess we just have to try our hardest. **hugs**
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:01 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• my cousin is moving soon after, she is my best friend here in Italy, so that sucks. My DH deploys right after also, so this holiday season just sucks all around. Also I havent seen any of my friends or family in over a year, and this is just another holiday without them.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:02 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• yes..Im not doing anything at all
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:24 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My dad passed a few years ago and holidays just don't feel the same, there is something that just seems to be missing
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 11:47 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• we have no friends to share the holiday with (there is one family-but they decided to go out of state for it) and it has been like this for the past few years for us.(my family is in another state) I hate making the huge meal for just the 4 of us-it seems like SO much work...but I know if I don't it wouldn't be right either. I usually wait to put the Cristmas tree up until the day after Thanksgiving but I am seriously thinking of doing it this weekend-simply because it makes me happy when it's up...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:50 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• yes, my favorite sister died this past Sept and I won't get a hug from her
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My father passed away when I was 16. And my second son was just born, hes named after my father. So Im sad that my father wont be here to meet his little namesake.
    Gypsy-Eyed-Mom

Answer by Gypsy-Eyed-Mom at 12:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Same with you. My Grandma died like 10 years ago, my grandfather died six years ago. To this day I still feel sad that I'm not getting to spend Christmas/Thanksgiving at their house. The Holiday season hasn't been the same since my Grandma died. My GRanddad had a stroke shortly before they moved closer to our family, and so when my Grandma died he moved in with his daughter. (My aunt) We did Thanksgiving at my Aunt's house after that, which was nice, but we couldn't do it every year as money started getting tight. Now that my husband and I have our own home, we are hosting the Holidays here. Hoping to really bring back that Christmas spirit and Magic that I (and family) felt at my Grandparents house. We really want our kids to feel the same kind of excitment, anticipation, warmth, and togetherness that we both felt growing up. Hopefully these Holidays can be half of what my GRandparents created.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2009