Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

? about cats.

If a cat eats a mouse that has eaten poison, will the cat die?

Answer Question
 
NicMorgan

Asked by NicMorgan at 11:18 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Pets

Level 7 (160 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • I honestly don't know :( I would just watch teh cat for any signs of being sick. If you see anything call your vet asap. Probably wouldn't hurt to call them and check anyways.Hope your kitty is ok!
    jedwards2009

    Answer by jedwards2009 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

  • Call the vet. Whoever answers the phone should be able to tell you. At very least check for worms. I would think it is possible the cat could get sick.
    jeanclaudia

    Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

  • It could get sick but it would depend on a lot of things. How long ago did the mouse eat the poison? How much did it eat? How much was still in it's system when if finally died? most importantly how long ago did the cat eat the mouse? If it was right then the vet may give charcoal to help protect the cat from the poison. it it was while ago they may give fluids to dilute the poison. I don't think in any case death would be the result.
    But_Mommie

    Answer by But_Mommie at 1:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Pets
My cat can talk

Next question overall (About CafeMom)
Transgender individuals?

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN