Does a breast lump be hard & hurt?

A breast lump I found under my breast. Its hard, aches and just throbs. It has for like one week. Any ideas? I don't need any scolding please! I'm jobless, Stressed ,sad, worried and a lot on my plate! With old medical bills at a collection agency. I have no income at all! My husband has only an unemployment check! Getting help you say? We've been waiting all year. Not good here in good ol' WI.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Health

• Oh, honey! That's bad. You really do need to get checked out and very soon. Please call your local county hospital and see what they say. IMO, you need to be seen by a doctor.
    Karamae

Answer by Karamae at 11:54 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• If you have children you should be able to get Medicaid. In some states, like AZ, poor adults without children can get Medicaid.

Here is some info from the American Cancer Society

Medically underserved women can get tested for breast cancer for free or at very little cost through the National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (NBCCEDP).

Each state offers the program and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) matches funds and support for each state program. The CDC can be contacted at 1-800-232-4636 or at the NBCCEDP Web site: www.cdc.gov/cancer/nbccedp.

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/MLT/content/MLT_1x_Medical_Insurance_and_Financial_Assistance_for_the_Cancer_Patient.asp
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:55 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• You need to have it checked. I have a lump on my breast. It's small and hard but it doesn't hurt. I had to have a mammogram(but it didn't shoe the lump) then an ultrasound(that did show the lump) I've seen a surgeon and I'll be having a lumpectomy on Dec. 2ND, they'll test if after it's out and go from there. I seen my Dr., had the tests, and seen the surgeon all within a 2 week time frame....DO NOT WAIT!
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 11:58 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• You definitely need to get it checked out - however from what I understand tumors don't hurt so it may be something much less serious!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:58 AM on Nov. 20, 2009