if you are on foodstamp; should you try to have more kids?

I see so many moms on CM are on Pa but yet they want more kids?
are you kidding; stop wasting my taxes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Nov. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• Common sense should tell them to not do that. If you cannot provide for what you have you should not have more. But many on PA don't have common sense and that is why they are on assistance.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't be judgmental of the individual but, as a princible I feel that would be an irresponsible choice. Hope that made sense, lol.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 12:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• NO
    Anonymous

• Geeze, thats a bit too judgemental. Times can change. Everyone is going through a hard time right now. We are barley making it and my husband has a great paying job. You should becareful with the words that come out of your mouth because one day you may be eating those words off of foodstamps when you find yourself in need too! I'm 36 weeks pregnant with our 4th (and last!) and on medicaid....wanna bash me for that?
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 12:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Wanting and doing are two very different things. One can Want another child until there heart aches but that doesn't mean they will. My children are on WIC and Medicaid. they were on neither until about 7 months ago. If someone had told me that a year after my daughters birth My husband would be laid off I would have still had her. Though I have chosen not to have any more base don our income. Everyone has the right to have as many children as they want. Income should be a vital part of that choice but in the end it is there choice. It's there tax dollars to. Just like they will be there for you if you ever need them.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• the more kids you have...the more assistance you get.
    Anonymous

• I agree with But Mommie

Why do people assume every dollar of taxes they pay go to foodstamps?
    Anonymous

• I'll worry about the tax dollars that go to help the poor when the rich who only pay 2% start paying their share. Funny how people never cry about that.

By the way in the state of CA after the 3rd child you don't get an increase.
    Anonymous

• Its one thing to have had another child and then suffer an income loss. It another story completely to be on welfare/foodstamps and then have another child JUST to keep the help. (If the child was kind of an oopsie baby. again understandable)
    Gypsy-Eyed-Mom

Answer by Gypsy-Eyed-Mom at 12:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Personally I wouldnt try for another child if I was on assistance. I have 5 kids and my grocery bill is pretty large. It sometimes bugs me when some of my cousins dont pay a dime for food and pay hardly any rent, yet have more kids.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2009