I have 8 kids and pregnant again with my 9th

I have 8 kids at home the oldest is 15 and the youngest is 16 months old I just found out that i am pregnant again im not with my kids father Ithis willbe my third child with him but I am confused of having this baby cus alot of people is talking alot of BS cus I been seperated with my kids father a year now, Can anyone give me what they are feeling about my situation? The doctor says is safe for me to have this baby I just dont know what to do

MommyG203

Asked by MommyG203 at 12:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I dont understand your question? People are giving you a hard time about having your baby because you are no longer with your husband? Is that the babys fault? I'd tell them to put thier two cents somewhere else and move on with thier own lives and you live your own life and make your own decision.
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 12:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Have the baby but quit having sex with him until you figure out if you want to be together or not.

Wait a minute. is the baby his? or someone else's? Not that it's my business.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Your worry should not be the gossip of others. Many relationships start having trouble or end soon after a baby is born. You need to concentrate on responsibly providing for the kids you have and this new baby. Call your county for help. Plus your local hospital - they probably have an o b clinic for you to get care and deliver the baby through. Do the other kids get child support and is it used properly? Do you have a car or public transportation? Could you consider a birth control if you don't want more children past this pregnancy? Do you have family who can emotionally help you?

Your county's social services and local hospital's social services should be able to help you. Is there a church you're in or could become part of that over time their parishioners could give you emotional guidance? Also, BirthRight might be able to help you somehow too.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Maybe you should have thought about this BEFORE you got pregnant! Obviously with 8 kids already you surely must know where babies come from!! If you have been separated from him for a year and were still sleeping with him (not bashing that, my ex husband and I would hook up for awhile after we separated) maybe you should have been on birth control
    Anonymous

• First of all I was on the pill and I was also taking atibiotics for a couple of weeks for an ear infection so that why I got pregnant.
    MommyG203

Answer by MommyG203 at 12:35 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Im sure being a single mom of 8 is very stressful. I cant judge you all I can do is tell you what
    I would do. First I would make sure that my chilkdrens fathers were paying child support. Even if that meant calling child support enforcement on a weekly bases asking what they have done on my case. I would look into getting on the pill or getting my tubes tied after this baby..I have 5 kids so I know how much time,effort and finances are put into raising more than a few kids.Thankfully my husband is here, my heart goes out to you. I woujld ask myself if I could financially, emotionally care for another child. If I was in your situation I would probably look into adoption. Pick a family who could provide all that baby deserves. They even have open adoptions now. If I knew I could provide everything the baby and all the rest of my kids needed I would raise it.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I think that you are the only judge as to how this is going to work. only you know what you can afford and what you and accomplish with out his support. Only you know this. You need to think things through on your own as to what is best for you. no one else's opinion matters. No ones.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• You really should not bring any more children into the confusion that is going on. You have 8 I really don't think a 9th would be a good idea. Refraining from having sex might be a good idea.

Anonymous