i really need help...please read

should i get my son who is 9 months old the h1n1 shot? he is healthy never been sick since he was born. i have read alot on here and seen alot on the news that makes me think no i shouldnt but my mil is mad at me for not doing so and telling me i am indagering my sons well being is that true?please help here

firstimemomm603

Asked by firstimemomm603 at 12:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Health

• You've already gotten my answer, but I wanted to state it here. The vaccine scares the crap out of me. It's too new. You can save yourself from the flu with frequent hand washing and healthy eating. Keep your immune systems up and don't take him out much unless you have to. People go nuts with the pandemic stuff and it's really not necessary. Good luck.
    ErikaRobin

Answer by ErikaRobin at 12:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• You will get answers on here, and there is one lady who will try to scare you into doing it. Do your research, dont go by what everyone else says to do. Doing your own research is the only way you will be able to make the right decision for you and your little one.
    Anonymous

• yes i know and i have decided not to but my mil says that it is indangering my son is it?
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 12:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• There have been over 200 deaths from h1n1 in children most of which were healthy children under 10. There is no more danger to this vaccine than the regular seasonal flu. Get the shot and turn off the tv. Remember the press trives on creating fear or causing an emotional reaction. The delight in finding scandle even if they have to exagerate it.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• no that is your decision! i did not get any of my kids this shot. and at 9 months i would be more worried about getting it than not. besides if you are breastfeeding there is no reason to vaccinate him for this.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I wouldn't do it, the vaccine is the actual virus so it will get him sick, and if your baby is not all over town with possibilities of contamination, I wouldn't do it. Just try to keep him away from sick people and don't expose him unncessarilly.

Answer by older at 12:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• he drinks formula not breast milk
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• the only place he goes is to my mil and my house and that is it
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 12:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2009