What does everyone think

about 2 Trix yogurts being served as an entree' for school lunch?

JayRo00

Asked by JayRo00 at 12:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in

• They're serving that for lunch at school? I would be upset. That's a lot of sugar all at once. I would be very upset, and I would call the principle.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• thats terrible! Even as a side for lunch, schools should be encouraging healthy choices. I would pack lunch that day and have a talk with the school.
    Especially TWO trix yogurts...that is like 60 grams of sugar. How do they expect kids to concentrate after that?
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I would be horrifed at that garbage being offered as anything besides and occasional treat. If you are stuck on lunch ideas, I have a huge list of bagged lunches that I have collected over the years; send me a message offlist if you would like a copy.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:52 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I wouldn't like it as an entree but having one as part of the lunch I wouldn't mind.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 6:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My son's, school serves it with cheese, crackers, fruit. It's called a Funchable. It is served once in a while and the kids love it. It usually has carrots too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• well its better than unhealthy desserts but as a main meal yes I would be mad...you can always send the lunch!
    Anonymous

• That is not an adequate entree, nutritionally speaking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Nov. 21, 2009

• wow- i would send a lunch
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Trust me pack, its way more nutritional than what they feed these kids now. When I went to elem. in the mid 80's we had meals. Spaghetti and meatballs, turkey pinwheels (kind of like a cinnamon roll) with gravy and mashed potatoes. Fish and mac n cheese (During Lent) or pizza, etc. My kids were getting

Fried cheese sticks (main course), Fritos with Chili, Big pretzel with cheese... Carnival food! I don't care if it is served with fruit, veggie etc. That is way to high in salt, and fat.

Yogurt just doesn't seem like it would fill an active child during a school day.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 2:32 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• they legally have to give them all the food groups... are you sure that isnt what your kid is choosing??
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:55 AM on Nov. 24, 2009