Tax dollars spent.

So everyone on here always complains about how 'Their' tax dollars are spent. You do know that even if they cut EVERY SINGLE PROGRAM they would NOT cut your taxes. so my question is: If you don't want you tax dollars spent helping others in need how do you want it spent? Especially when as it stand there are not enough programs. We still have homeless hungry people. Who can't get jobs because they are homeless. Who can't get home because they are jobless ect...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• People who complain about "my taxes" are laughable to say the least. Like one cent of their taxes goes for welfare!
    Anonymous

• Its not the ones that need help people complain about it those lazy leechs that do nothing but look for government handouts.
    Oh and as tax payers we do hold the right to not like where OUR tax money goes.
    If you dont like it then oh welll
    Anonymous

• the thing is they aren't 'your' tax dollars they are the governments tax dollars. once it come out of your check it is no longer yours. No it's not fair but it is necessary. If people were helping more people on their own their would be no need for programs. But there is no such world. Somewhere along the line it became a very selfish place. And trust me as a person who has been denied for every program in the book they are strict. They look at everything. We have been denied because our mortgage is to high. I was told to sell it and reapply if I needed to. Like selling my house is something that is going to happen. We owe more then it's worth. There is no help for everyone. I can't imagine how people 'leech' off the government. You have to be actively seeking a job. You have 30 day s to report any income changes. You have to send in pay stubs and birth certificates and proof of residency. Interviews...
    Anonymous

• .. are in place. Everything is checked out. I do not count a couple with one SAHP a leech. Daycare cost a fortune and to get help with that both parents have to have jobs of over 30 hours a week and make not more that 21,000 a year for a family of 4. That's less than 8 dollars an hour each. If DH get s a job for 10 an hour and you have one for min wage you are out of the program. You are working to pay daycare. I totally understand. I do.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• and here:
    A book "The Complete Idiots Guide to Economics" written in 2003 cites the U.S. Government budget as reporting that entitlements make up approximately 65 percent of our budget, distributed as follows:
    Social Security: 23%
    Medicare: 12%
    Medicaid: 7%
    Other Means-tested entitlements: 6%
    Mandatory payments (pensions, etc.): 6%
    Net interest on debt: 11%
    Anonymous

• Feel better?
    Anonymous

• I sure hope they do :0) I'm tired of hearing all the 'my tax dollar' whining.
    Anonymous

• Since you don't care where your money goes, don't bother to vote. Just pay your taxes and keep your head in the sand.
    Anonymous

• How do people leech? Like this. I have applied for everything as well, basically, if I quit my part-time job and get pregnant, we will qualify for food stamps, energy assistance, health care, etc.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2009