Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how to manstapae a teen ager

i dont hink im spelling it right becouse i cant find it anywere.


Asked by angelairelan at 12:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

Level 12 (675 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • Emancipate is what I'm assuming you are saying. If so according to Federal law the teen must be at least 15 (most states require 16). The teen must hold a steady job that they can support themselves with: the teen needs to make enough to cover rent, food costs, and other basic needs without government support. The teen needs to be a good student and have maintained a passing GPA through the school year. If the teen is a drop out some states will require a GED, but as far as I know most don't. You'll need to take the teen to our courthouse get all the paper work. There's a ton of it. Everything will need to be filled out. Don't date until the day the paper work is turned in. Then the parent/gaurdian and the teen will go infront of a judge who decides if the teen is capable of taking care of themselves. Emancipation means that you lose all parental rights and the teen is considered leagally 18.

    Answer by jrsjrb at 3:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

  • emancipate?

    Answer by Shyma at 12:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

  • I'm hoping you mean emancipate? Because the other phrases I can make out of that sentence are just to horrid to consider. It's something they have to go down to the courthouse and file for themselves, laws vary from state to state.

    Answer by Slinkee at 12:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

  • Wow.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

  • I'm guessing this is a teen?

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2009