(this really isnt a fun question but this is the most active post) what would you do if you saw this?

ok so yesterday i was at barnes and noble and i went to the bathroom. while i was in there,there was only this lady and her child and i could not believe what i was hearing!!! this lil girl is trying to talk to her mom and her mom jus snapped on her! she was like jesus i spend everyday with you every waking moment with you do you have to talk while we are in the bathroom too! stop talking your attached to me 24/7 and all you do is talk stop talking etc. jus yellin at this lil girl for trying to talk to her while she was in the bathroom. i couldnt believe it i got so angry (maybe the hormones had a lil to do with it cuz im preg. but it still pissed me off regardless) i didnt say anything only cuz i wasnt about to fight with this lady infront of her daughter. so i jus walked out mad. if that lil girl wasnt there i wouldve snapped on her like look bitch dont ever talk to your daughter like that! etc

kuuipo317

Asked by kuuipo317 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That sounds just awful. The poor little girl will be damaged by that. But there is nothing you can do. The mother sounds very selfish and narcissistic....its all about her. @@ Sick.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I'd be pissed too! Some parents need to have better patience!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 12:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• i would also like to add that i have a 2 yr old daughter. for the longest time i was a single mother. and i did EVERYTHING on my own. i had my daughter 24/7 she's glued to me like you wouldnt believe. she is my baby and you can tell she's mommas girl! and i would never in my life tell my daughter shut up stop talkin to me your with me all the time im tired of you talkin etc...i would never in my life! and you know like any mother i do get tired and i need a moment where i need a time out and i jus tell my daughter ok mommy needs a moment. or give mommy one sec and go sit down. but i would never go off on her like that. i felt bad for that lil girl.
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 12:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• well like i said all parents especially single mothers lose their patients but that gives you no right. go take a personal time out. shoot go sit outside for a sec and smoke or somethin theres 100 of ways to jus blow off steam without exploding on a kid who cant help it if your havin a bad day geez. and its your child of course you spend every waking moment with them and especially a lil girl course there gonna talk on and on and on. find a better way to blow off that steam instead of yellin at a innocent lil girl for lovin and talkin to her mommy
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 12:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Well, it would make me mad to hear it, but I'm sure the woman had just been having one of those days. We all have them! I know I've unnecessarily snapped at my daughter because she was being extra hard to be patient with that day or something. Hopefully that's all that was. A little harsh for a little girl, but some people are just like that. As long as she wasn't flat out hitting the child, then I wouldn't say anything and I'd probably do like you did and go on cafemom and vent about how annoying it was to hear!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I think that I would have tried to be less judgemental and more understanding. Parents do lose their patience sometimes, its normal. Yes this mother probably went overboard but if you had engaged her in conversation she might have talked to you about something else that was stressing her out. Maybe she was worried about a parent who had been hospitalized and she was at the bookstore trying to find information on a conditition. Maybe she wasn't feeling well herself but had to pick up a book for an older child for school. You don't know what her situation was because you didn't honestly care. She might not be like that all the time. I would have commiserated with her (regardless of how I felt personally) and said "Its tough being a mom sometimes isn't it?" Then I would have smiled down at the little girl and told her to give mom a minute or two, just like you do with your own kids. Its about supporting each other. (cont)
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 12:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I am not perfect and try not to judge people based on me seeing two minutes of their lives. Anyone here that claims they have never snapped at their children or done something they regret is lying.
    Anonymous

• My guess is that she would have realized how she probably sounded and nodded to you with a grateful smile. Took a deep breath, smiled down at her daughter, and calmed herself down. Sometimes we all need that bit of help.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 1:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• ok well as lovely as you tried to make all that sound. its still not right. like i said all moms get to a point where they lose their patients and yell a lil. but for talking? are you serious? you think that,that was ok for her to yell at her child like that and say those harsh things..for talking to her?! you should never talk to you child like they are a burden i dont care how mad you are! i dont care if it was jus the one time! you NEVER talk to your child like your tired of them. no matter what any excuse someone comes up with it was wrong. and you dont have to talk to me about bein impatient like i said i was a single mom almost the full first 2 yrs and not alot of help so of all people i know how bad days go. but its not my daughters fault and id never tell her im tired of her! and shame on those who think thats ok
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• and jus for the record i do get impatient lord knows im not perfect either. ive yelled, told her to knock it off,get down, dont touch that, get out of their etc and say akalina PLEASE JUS STOP. but never in my life would i tell her "omg im with you every waking moment and im tired of it stop talkin to me"
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2009