Any of you ladies swell up at the end of your pregnancy?

Ive been noticing that my hands, feet and face are swollen.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yep. it was bad for me.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• My feet swelled up in the last week of my pregnancy.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• yeah in my first pregnancy my last month.and my blood pressure skyrocketed too. I had to go in for blood pressure checks every two days. I was told to cut salt entirely from what I bought and cooked. Try doing that and whenever you sit elevate your legs - under desk with a step stool or on another living room chair when you ever find the time to do it. Hope you feel better!!!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• at the end of my first I was so swollen it was gross.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• oh....clicked send too fast.

drink lots of water, somehow staying hydrated helped.

cut the salt and sodium intake

elevate your legs, and wear support socks or stockings for your feet and ankles.
    hypermamaz

• I did. My ankes swelled badly. I tried to keep my feet up as much as possible.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I did with my first pregnancy, but not my second. With my first, I was so swollen, it felt like someone had wrapped my feet in plastic wrap tight and then turned a hairdryer on them. I only had one pair of shoes that fit! Nothing helped, either. I don't know why I didn't swell in my second pregnancy, but I suspect it was probably the medication I was on that prevented it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• With my first, I was the beach whale, I couldn't fit into anything and my mom hardy recognized me. If my blood pressure hadn't maintain so well, I am sure I would have been hospitalize. Drink fluids and elevate your feet.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:32 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Let's just say my husband and the rest of my family called me Kirby. Lol, I got HUGE! Just so bloated and full of water weight...came off very quickly after pregnancy because it was all water.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 1:33 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Cutting salt is not what you need to do... you need salt to tell your body where to send the water. You only need salt to taste (what your tongue tells you). Don't add salt after cooking, add it before. Don't eat high sodium foods (ie, fast food, salty chips, etc) Make sure you are getting enough protein (50-60 grams daily).
    Swelling is very common.
    Anonymous