Potty Training Help. She has it mastered and now refuses to use the potty.

DD is 2.5 years old and was potty trained! All of a sudden she refuses to use the potty and goes in her pants, on the floor (eww, I know) but not in the potty.

She growls at her potty and kicks it when I remind her to potty. I'm at a loss here. Should I stop mentioning it for awhile and go back to diapers?

What to do what to do what to do.........ugh! Any advice appreciated! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• Sound like you are using a potty chair (since she kicks it). Maybe it's time to introduce the big potty. Get a chair and a stool (my dd won't use the potty seat anymore, and ha sonly fallen in 1x since then!) or use the potty chair if it converts. Let her know this is the next step to being a big girl. Don't push her though, it's normal to have set backs.
    Anonymous

• have you tried a potty seat that goes on the top of a toilet seat, like this one
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4100501
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 1:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• If she is truly regressing than let her, you can't push them to train, they do it when they are ready. My dd did this right after my son was born when she was 21/2 and I put her back in diapers, she was back in them for about 2 months and then wanted to potty train again. Oh, we never used a potty chair either, we have a child seat (Dora) and it clips right onto the big toliet.
    Anonymous

• I agree that you should try moving her up to the real toilet. Make a big deal about the move. Take her to pick out new underwear & talk about how if she want them she will have to keep them clean by using the potty. Also, ask her why she doesn't like the potty. I would not go back to diapers, as that will teach her that if she doesn't like a rule, she can just rebel against it & not have to follow it anymore.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 2:37 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• MY dd is doing the same thing. Let me know if you find something thats helps. I am also lost.... I am trying both big potty(with child seat) and potty chair...
    mkrmomma1

Answer by mkrmomma1 at 9:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2009