day care or grandma care ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If grandma is healthy and willing I would let her do it. If something happens and you think its becoming way to much on her I would then put him/her in daycare.
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 1:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• personally, I would do day care becuase I step mom is great with her but has a lot of old school thoughts tht she keeps pushing (such as sleeping with a pillow or giving an infant water) and hse never puts her down. Mine's been in day care for a while and does great. She gets to watch the other kids and learn from them. Grandma care is good if your mom can handle it and is will to teach when the child is older than than just baby sit.
    Anonymous

• grandma. i have never put my son in day care, i think theirs no one in the world that would take of your child like you, like your mom or his mom.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 1:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Um depends on what grandma is like, maybe both?? Depending on how old kiddo is a couple of days around other kids would do some good, infant stage I vote granny as long as she is not nutty LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• PS--I assume it is an infant, but if closer to a year I would try the both situation--Good luck mom!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• It depends on how willing grandma is to care for your child the way you would. I tried the grandma care when I was working 2nd shift and she completely undone everything I had accomplished with my dd. sleep schedule, eating habits throwing fits all kinds of stuff, so i put her in daycare and shes done great its helped her with socializing, listening, being respectful, good eating habits etc.. BUT every mother is different and wants the best for their children so it 100% up to you and what you feel is best for you and your child!
    Anonymous

• I would do Day Care with my either mother or mother-in-law. They both are great grandparents and I love them dearly but I do more hands on with my girls, and do more nutritious food then they would. Plus both houses are full to the brim with clutter, to much for my to, to have to remember to stay out of.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I would choose Grandma, hands down :)
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 1:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Ain't no way I would leave any of my kids with their grandmother.
    Anonymous

• Well with my mom definitely grandma. That is where she is now. With his mom I would become a staty at home mom. She is a nice lady and she did raise my husband (a wonderful man) but she does alot of things that I don't agree with. I know that if I told her I didn't like something she would do it anyway.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 2:12 PM on Nov. 20, 2009