how old?

At what she is it ok to give a baby real apple juice instead of the baby stuff. My son just turned 1 and some say do and some say don't. What do you mommies think??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think you can give it to them whenever your ready to. But, my son is 14 months old and I just started giving it to him again. Half and Half. Half water Half apple juice. But, it is still making his butty raw..He never ever gets a diaper rash but when he is drinking apple juice he does. I normally give him the baby white grape juice. You can try and if he seems to be ok with it then it should be fine for you to give it to him now.
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 1:36 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Smarie is right! Apple juice made my son's hiney pretty sore, I gave him half water half white grape juice!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I always do half and half. He can have whatever juice (he's 20 mos) but I always put half water in it.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 1:39 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• What is the difference between the baby stuff and real apple juice. Aren't they both 100% juice from apples? I think the baby stuff is just a way to charge more. I would mix it with water.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I usually use juicy juice, or whatever 100% juice is on sale and split it 50/50 with water. I started him with it when he was around 8 months old, but only as a treat. Real 100% apple juice is no different from the baby juice, except for those that are already cut with water (and then you're just paying for water - crazy!).

Answer by missanc at 1:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• i would just water it down like a 3 to 1 ratio 3 being the juice.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 1:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I never bought baby juice. It's just watered down real juice! Save the money, get real juice and water it down yourself!
    Anonymous

• I never gave my son baby juice, and don't plan to with my daughter. It's a waste of money. Just get something that says "100% juice" (the less sugar, the better), and dilute it with water.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• half water , half juice , would be better !
    happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Apple juice has a high sugar content. You need to limit the amount the child gets. Applesauce would be a much better substitution and the baby gets the valuable fiber for their diet.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 2:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2009