What do you think of this quote?

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -- Former Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think that who you are, and what you stand for, and who your politician is determines a politicians stand on the 2nd Amendment. In other words, if you agree with your politician, all is well. If you don't, well, then, you don't know what is good for you and need someone (politicians) to keep you in line.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:57 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• That polarity:
    " views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."

sums up the ENTIRE difference between Conservatives, and Progressives/the current politically powerful.

Thank you !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• waldorf, I think you said what I was trying to say in a much clearer way than I did! Thanks! That is it exactly!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I think its absurd and makes perfect sense that it's coming from a pub in TX, lol. I mean, really.
    Anonymous

• Really anon? Stereotype and generalize much?
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 2:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Where, anon, does it say Hupp was a conservative?
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 2:55 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I agree with that statement completely. And as usual, Waldorf nailed it again.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Kudos waldorfmom..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:23 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• think its absurd and makes perfect sense that it's coming from a pub in TX, lol. I mean, really.

You need to realize that the left's efforts to make mainstream, average, hard working, normal people out to be criminals, skinheads and extremists have been roundly rejected except for Keith Olberman and Katie friggin' Couric.

People don't buy it.

Stop your whining and dribbling. Lib!

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 3:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Well, since the people that BO surrounds himself with think that Mao is someone to be followed, we really need our Second Amendment rights. Mao said that political power must be taken at the end of a gun. Do you know how I know this? It was replayed being quoted by one of BO's trusted appointees. They don't want us to have any guns because that makes us harder to take over and control. We are still an armed citizenry and they know it.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2009