SAHM do you pretty yourself up before your DH gets home?

Im just curious if other SAHM make time or even have the time to doll themself up before there DH/SO comes home for work? Weather it be doing your hair, putting your makeup on, smelling extra pretty etc. Or are you generally in your PJ's, hair a mess, and you cant even remember where your makeup and purfume is let alone put it on? lol ;) Just curious.

AProsser

Asked by AProsser at 1:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It just depends on the day. I don't stay in my pjs, but I do stay in comfy pants... some days my jeans. I always take a shower and my hair is always brushed... but not always done up. Just depends on how I feel that day. He doesn't care either way... He says I'm beautiful no matter what :). Some days I will do my make-up and hair, and still be in my comfy pants and t-shirt... lol! I'm pretty sure he never knows what to expect when he gets home.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 1:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Yes i do! I always keep myself up and want to look pretty for him..
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 1:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• i dont. i have been working just as hard as he has all day and he doesnt look pretty when he gets home. i save the dolling up for special occations.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 1:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Half the time I am in my PJs I don't have time to get dressed. But, that is diffidently about to stop. Not because of him but for myself. Its starting to become a little depressing..Not having a reason to get dressed.
    Anonymous

• If he came home and I was all dolled up, he'd wonder what was going on. I'm not in PJ's and a mess. I'm dressed and well groomed, but not over the top done up.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:51 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I feel its gives the husband a false sense of who you are when you get all gussied up just before he comes home. I think its silly and unnecessary.

I am who I am and he has seen me in the good, bad, ugly, and dirty times. I dont lounge around in pj's all day nor would I want to. Im in a nice shirt and pants all day. Sometimes my hair is up and sometimes its down. Sometimes I put makeup on in the morning and other times I dont.

Its who he fell in love with and married and had a family with.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:51 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• This is why men cheat cuz you don't care how you look get fat and when he gets home you have PJ's on with Cheese curl dust on them.

Anonymous

• I would have to say Im a mix of all of your answers. I too am mostly in my PJs when my husband gets home but I do always make sure Im atleast smelling pretty... I may not be looking pretty but atleast I smell pretty. Lol. But I too am tired of looking frumpy and have been making myself make the extra time to atleast put SOME makeup on and atleast find the flat iron. Looking extra cute makes me feel good about myself and puts a little cute smirk on my DH face too. Although he loves me and finds me beautiful either way it just makes me feel better about myself. Its crazy how easy it was to let myself go after becoming a SAHM. I use to always have my face on and hair did NO MATTER WHAT but over time it just didnt seem so important... but I think Im gonna work on that. Wish me luck! Lol.
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 1:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• i do. i usually try to get dressed early too, bc when i do i always feel better about myself and have a better rest of the day. but on days where i havent gotten dressed, i always make sure im at least out of pjs, put on makeup, and smelling fresh before he comes in. men are assses, and even if i had been working all day in my pjs (cleaning, kids, phone calls, ect.), he'd still say something like, "you havnt even gotten dressed yet?" like i'd been laying around or something! but mainly i do it for me.
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 1:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• You bet I do!!! He's been gone 6 weeks, so when he comes home Tuesday I will be all dolled up!! I'm hoping he gets here when the kids are at school (wink wink)....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2009