Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

irritated vagina

My vagina is read and itches. What is the best OTC way to stop this?

if it doesn't go away by Monday of course I will go to the doctor but I don't want to blow 30 bucks if I don't have to.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Health

Answers (3)
  • well if you have never had an infection like this you should go to the doctor. if you have and can clearly identify it as a yeast infection thn get the otcyeast cream. if you cant identify it and cant go to the doc they also have at home screaning tests otc now.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

  • Are you pregnant? It is very common to get yeast infections if you are pregnant. I was told to simply use some monostat.

    Answer by justluvinmyson at 2:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

  • Look for an anti-itch cream in the "woman's" section of the drug store or walmart. I wanna say its called "vagicaine" or something like that. Have you considered the fact that you might have a yeast infection?? They can be internal as well as external. But, it could also be irritation/reaction to a soap or laundry detergent. A warm sitts (sp?) bath or soak in a soap-free tub can help if that is the cause. Hope you feel better soon, not pleasant!!


    Answer by Morgain at 3:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.