irritated vagina

My vagina is read and itches. What is the best OTC way to stop this?

if it doesn't go away by Monday of course I will go to the doctor but I don't want to blow 30 bucks if I don't have to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Health

• well if you have never had an infection like this you should go to the doctor. if you have and can clearly identify it as a yeast infection thn get the otcyeast cream. if you cant identify it and cant go to the doc they also have at home screaning tests otc now.
    Anonymous

• Are you pregnant? It is very common to get yeast infections if you are pregnant. I was told to simply use some monostat.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 2:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Look for an anti-itch cream in the "woman's" section of the drug store or walmart. I wanna say its called "vagicaine" or something like that. Have you considered the fact that you might have a yeast infection?? They can be internal as well as external. But, it could also be irritation/reaction to a soap or laundry detergent. A warm sitts (sp?) bath or soak in a soap-free tub can help if that is the cause. Hope you feel better soon, not pleasant!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 3:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2009