Being beautiful sucks. {title is completely sarcastic}

I hate stereotypes. I hate that people think that just because a woman is pretty/beautiful, it means that they can't also be nice & smart. I hate that I can't even talk to a man in the check out line at the grocery store without people thinking I am hitting on him. I hate that women do not want to be my friend because they think that I am prettier than they are. I am not a bitch. I am not rude. I am not a whore. I am not stupid, I have a college degree & a nice job. I am not out to get anything from anyone. I do not see why I can not be beautiful AND smart AND nice ALL AT THE SAME TIME. I hate that people judge me based on how I look. It actually hurts my feelings. I can not help the way I look. I do not let how I look determine how I treat people. So why is it okay for some people to treat me this way? Vent over now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i know haw you feel. when i first moved in with my husband, before we got married and had a child, the neibor actually accused me of trying to sleap with her so. just because i talked to him, the same way i talked to her.
    Anonymous

• I'm not sure why people would treat you this way. When I befriend someone the last thing on my mind is their looks.. What does matter is if their a good person and if we get along and have some things in common. Just to point one thing out.. I think a lot of times people see things the way they perceive them. It's an ego thing and not always reality. Feel me?
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 1:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• OP right here- I would normally agree with you mom2princessg, except that women have told me that they did not want to be my friend because I was too pretty. I almost did not get my last job because the woman hiring told me she thought I was too pretty and she was afraid her husband would cheat with me. Men have told me that they were afraid to talk to me because they were afraid I would be a bitch to them.
    Anonymous

• Aww, I really want to know what you look like now.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 1:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• If she was really attractive she would show herself, I bet she's ugly.
    Anonymous

• OP HERE- LMBO at anon11:01. Actually, I find myself fairly attractive, I suppose I would call myself cute. But I do not think I would go as far as to say that I am as beautiful as some have said that I am. I have no need to "show myself", this was more or less of a vent. I would rather not "show myself' so as to avoid negative comments from women like you who would just call me names and think I was conceited. But thanks for your input.
    Anonymous

• I remember seeing a study on how better looking people had an easier time getting people to like them. The study even showed how young children prefer to be friends w/ some1 who is good looking. Also have better job opportunities. When I used to work for an elected official, my colleagues n I noticed that you rarely came across a non-attractive person. I think its because we were community liaisons and it makes it easier to network.

I don't disagree w/ ur experience. Instead I think you haven't appreciated what good looks has gotten you. They outweigh the bad.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• OP HERE- thanks Vero! What a good way to look at things! Indeed, I have been very lucky in many aspects. Thank you for a positive spin on my little vent!
    Anonymous

• I have never been treated bad but I do know what you mean. When ever I have guy friends their girlfriends get jealous and then forbid them from seeing me because they are afraid I am going to sleep with them .
    Guys always think they can get in my pants.
    People always assume that I am flirting with people.
    I even had this one really fat girl tell me that I was a whore and had no female friends and noone really liked me.
    ( she is way older than me too LOL) My friends over heard and my best friend Lindsay came and torn in to her.
    When people treat you like crap it is usually that they are jealous of you for some reason.
    I am not a B or rude either. Infact I am the kind of person that tries to be there for everyone and wants to help as much as possible.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Vero0724
    LOL as sad as it is I have only gotten jobs because the managers thought I was "hot"
    LOL
    Good thing for them I was always the best employee LOL .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2009